5 - Felix

Fanny eventually walked in, ten minutes after we had started eating. It was obvious she had gone to extra lengths to look prettier; Cry was here, and he was a potential boyfriend for her, no matter how 'strange' he was.

Fanny, maybe it's best if you stick with your own Fanny.

"So, you're from Florida? I heard it's very warm up there all year round," My mother attempted to start a conversation with Cry.

"Yeah, it definitely is. Sweden is so cold compared to Florida. It's like I'm in a permanent freezer," Cry said, once he had finished his mouthful of my mother's famous Swedish Meatballs. "These are really nice, by the way."

My mother smiled graciously. My Dad twirled his spaghetti around his fork and shoved it sloppily into his mouth. Spaghetti sauce was splattered all over his face. Sighing, he took off his glasses, and wiped them with his sweater. I saw a hint of a smile play on Cry's lips whilst he chewed.

Eventually, the awkward dinner came to a close for Cry and I when we finished eating. We ascended the flight of stairs at a walking pace instead of running; we were too full to even run. Cry was the one to open the door to my room this time, and I've noticed every time he enters it, wonder sparks in his eyes.

"Where am I going to sleep?" Cry asked me.

"You can get either the floor or if you want to be more comfortable, you can share my bed," I say with what I hope is a kind smile, and not one that a stalker would have.

"I'm gonna go with comfort. What side do you sleep on?" Cry yawned, and I grinned.

"I sleep on the side closest to the door."

"Thanks, you Swedish Meatball," Cry said, with a... Giggle?

After that, there was no hesitation when Cry flopped on my bed and fell asleep immediately. I didn't want Cry to sleep without blankets so I carefully shuffled them out from under him and put them over his body instead.

Finally, I climbed into bed and fell asleep instantly.

                                    **************

I woke up after Cry, and I saw him standing by the window, just watching the world go by. I looked at the time on my phone quietly; 11:42am.

How had I slept in that long when the sound of the birds warbling outside is an onslaught to my ears?

"You're awake."

Cry's voice was so sudden that it made me fall out of the bed. Cry rushed over and helped me up.

"God, you get scared easily. I'm sorry," Cry apologised, though his apology was nowhere near sincere. I thanked him without sarcasm anyway.

But that's when I noticed something about Cry I was shocked and I hadn't noticed before.

His eyes.

Cry's eyes were the clearest sky blue, practically iridescent. They looked like they held the entire ocean. That's when I realised we were having a staring contest. I broke off, blushing.

"Uh, maybe we should get ready for the day...?" I asked uncertainly.

For some reason, Cry seemed sad about something.

What on Earth could he be sad about?

"Yeah, sure."

I went to my wardrobe, carefully selecting my regular outfit, but making sure it had a little difference to my attire from the previous day. I looked over and saw Cry wearing jeans, and his signature hoodie with some sort of white person with no arms on it. Eventually, we were both ready so I said to Cry,

"Let's go."

•••

I feel like I'm dragging the chapters on a bit, haha 😅 you guys say you enjoy it though so I'll keep doing it.