19 - Felix

I'm still coming to terms with what went down in Brighton. Cry was... a puzzle. Just when I thought he was a complete sweetheart that couldn't hurt a fly, he kills Marzia with one blow. Something seemed to have snapped inside him, causing her death. It couldn't of been his own actions, surely?
Edgar shifted a little on my chest. He'd fallen asleep on my chest when I was relaxing and I didn't have the heart to move him; Maya was probably snoozing too. Noises of dishes clattering in the kitchen sink came into my room, but I ignored them; I didn't really want to face Cry right now.

My thoughts drifted back to the treehouse in the forest. There was something really soothing about the tranquil lake that made me want to see it again, and hopefully the person that lives up the tree isn't around so I could have a snack on their food when I'm over there.

Wait. Did I just make plans to go there? I guess I did.

Carefully sliding Edgar off my chest, I managed to keep him sleeping. I deserve a medal for that, I swear.
Cry was still in the kitchen with his back to me. I quickly ran out the back door, and he heard absolutely nothing because of the ruckus he was creating with the dishes. I just hope it's that easy to get back in.

Walking the forest path at a leisurely pace, all I could think of was Marzia. Yes, we fought so much. We despised each other. But for a good five years of my life, I thought she was the one. We loved each other. Even if we'd spilt, there would always be a place in my heart for her, no matter what I or anyone did. But now the person that I'm completely infatuated with killed her, and I don't know what to think of him anymore. She's dead. She had so much life ahead of her, it's crazy to think she's just gone.

*********

The lake shimmered and glistened in the sunlight, and I admired its beauty. My stomach rumbled; the kitchen had been purposely avoided because Cry had been cleaning in there. Approaching the tree house at a fast pace, I saw that the food was restocked. No time was wasted in gorging myself greedily. With a little bit of regret and guilt, I realised I had eaten everything; there had been apples, grapes, canned food, chocolate and some preserved candy. I didn't want to leave in case the person who lived here came back, but I also didn't want to move I was so full. Conflicted, I stayed and stared at the lake in wonder.

I'll bathe in that one day, I thought with a slight smile.

I decided to look around the place itself. There was a lot of grey and black clothes, some marked with a little symbol that I didn't bother to examine. This place was no doubt inhabited by a man just by the smell of things, and how things were kept. I lay down, and decided to have a snooze.

I awake to a voice yelling.

"What do you think you're doing in here?!"

---
Who do you think it is? :))
Also thankyou guys so much for the votes and comments. When I see this book has been added to your reading lists it makes me pretty happy haha ^^

I'm dropping the sequel idea. This book will instead be put into parts so it's all together :P

~Panther