28 - Cry

I didn't want to be a police officer, no matter what Felix said. When I said I wanted to help people, I didn't mean harming others in the process; I wanted to heal instead.

That's why, instead of going to the police station, I strode into the hospital.

The clean, crisp smell of medicine and sanitiser hung around the waiting room, causing me to smile softly. Some people detest the smell, but I find it oddly soothing. Continuing towards the front desk, I enquired about how I could learn how to be a doctor.

'We've got training facilities in a couple of towns over. Here's the address, just head there and see if you're eligible to train for something like that. You'll obviously need to pay for the courses and learn for a couple of years, though.'

I thanked her, and then left the building.

Years.

•••

Returning home from the location of the facility, I pored over the form I had been given. $10,000 a year. How was I going to afford this?

I wasn't even that active on YouTube anymore- even Felix had surpassed me in the amount of subscribers he had.

I adjusted the mask on my face a little, thinking. What could the solution to this be? This would never work out, I bet.

I put the form down and began to drive home, driving past the dog shelter. I narrowed my eyes; I could see Felix standing outside, but how was he with-

That's a long distance to fly to get to Florida. By god.

Deciding to pretend I didn't know that they were here, I drove home and waited inside. I wonder if they were here for a quick visit or if they wanted to stay for a bit. Either way, it was still a surprise to see them.

Edgar and Maya had been playing with a new squeak toy that they got two days ago, but instantly dropped it when they saw me.

Maya was an old dog, so I lifted her into my arms and held her, though Edgar danced at my feet.

Wait.

Edgar and Maya.

We can't let them see Edgar and Maya or they'll know-

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Keys turning in the lock.

I could not stop this now. Maybe we could lie our way through this.

---

Hey guys! As you can clearly tell this is a really short chapter, and I apologise. It's been a while since I've updated and it's been for number of reasons.

1. Lack of Motivation
2. Schoolwork & studying for exams
3. Applying for a job
4. YouTubers uploading YouTube videos that I kinda have to watch lol.

Updates on this won't be regular, I'm really sorry. I have too much stuff going on to ensure an upload schedule, and if I have one it makes it feel like a chore, ya know?

Hope you enjoyed that, I'll try and either get the next chapter up sooner than what I got this one out.

-Panther

xx