[3] Enters the Beast

I made it out into the hallway, and made the mistake of thinking I was home free. That he wasn’t going to come after me.

I was half way to the hallway leading to the foyer when he grabbed me. One minute I’m running, the next my head is slammed into the wall.

My eye sight blurred from both the blow to the head and the tears that sprung to my eye’s from the force. My body was pressed against the wall, and I couldn’t break free because his chest was leaning against my back. I could feel his hot breath against my ear.

I squeezed my eyes shut in hopes that it would all go away. The ringing in my ears, the pressure in my head, and the body pinning me to the wall.

But to no avail everything stayed the way it was. Raising my hand so I could wipe the tears, I noticed both my sleeve and hand was covered in red liquid-- the liquid from the glass.

My first thought that it had to be wine, or even kool aid. But my hopes were shattered by him grabbing my hand and sucking on each individual finger, forcing me to cringe and try to pull my hand away.

His grip only tightened. I ceased to struggle once I felt his teeth around my ring finger. I squeezed my eyes shut again, praying with every part of my being that this would end soon.

I felt a lone tear slide down my cheek before the wall was no longer holding me up. One minute in the poorly lit hallway the next instant in the brightly lit foyer falling forward onto the staircase.

I twisted around and backed up the stairs a few steps. Afraid as I was to look in his eyes, the blood red tint drew me to them. Without taking his eyes off mine he came forward in a blur and pulled me up.

Now face to face I felt more afraid then I have ever been in my nineteen years.

“Go up to your room, and don’t come down until Samantha comes and gets you.” The sound of his voice made me take a double take and look at more then just the color of his eyes. I looked from his lesser intense eyes down to his the arms that were holding on to me. They were strong, stronger then an average humans. They were muscular but not overly muscular. Which is what added to my not human theory.

He let out low growl. Not the scariest thing I have ever heard but coming from a man and not a dog made it seem more fierce. So I scrambled up the stairs backwards only to twist around once I reached the top and ran straight for my room without looking back not breathing until the door was shut behind me.