[28] Beauty and the Beat

The days went by faster than I thought possible. Julian had moved into my room and stopped being so distant almost as soon as I arrived back at the manor.

Trace on the other had, was keeping his distance. He was most likely pissed that all it took was Julian to come to the rescue for me for to come home rather than the connection that killed us inside.

There was brief period where he took over the bed in my room and didn’t allow Julian to sleep with me. He was constantly in his wolf form. It was evident that he was very territorial.

Finally he let up and allowed Julian to at least sleep in the bed but only after I had fallen asleep. He liked Julian and all but he enjoyed my innocence better.

I was well aware of the sexual frustration between the two of us but we both knew that nothing could become of it. If I were to ever change my mind on our little dilemma then I was to remain a virgin.

It was constantly on my mind. He was constantly on my tail. As long as I didn’t give into his temptation he knew I was still thinking about it instead of saying to hell with you and that damn curse.

I was almost certain that I loved him but I also thought that I loved Jeremy for those four years but things changed. I was too young to know what love was. There was no way I could just give in and let lose. I wasn’t that spontaneous.

I had given in to my urges and came with him back to this place that had once been a prison. I even allowed him to hold me at night.

But there were fears that stopped any of it from going any further.

“Chloe?” Julian whispered into me as I opened my eyes one morning.

“Yes?” I asked back groggily as I shifted into a stretching position. Julian refused to move so I was pressed into his chest as I twisted around. “You mind?” I asked eyeing his chest up to his eyes.

“Not one bit,” he mumbled before his lips crashed down on mine.

I couldn’t control myself as his hands wrapped around my back and pulled me over so I was laying on top of him. My fingers tangled in his hair as my elbows rested on either side of his head.

He pulled himself up to a sitting position until I was on my back at the foot of the bed and he was over top of me.

His hand hovered over the waistband of my night shorts tugging on the draw string. While his other hand moved up under my shirt, tickling my soft bare stomach with the rough skin of his hands.

He put some weigh on my abdomen as he started pulling at my shorts an my mind went on full alert while my body went ablaze with emotions and needs. My body begged for some release my mind was fighting.

“Ju-Julian,” I stuttered out as he kissed down my jaw line.

“Chloe,” he whispered, his warm breath tickling my ear making it even harder to think.

“We can’t. I mean, we shouldn’t. You need to stop. Please,” My eyes pleaded with his as he lifted his head up to look into mine.