[17] Trouble for Me

Many things changed that night. 

Silver had gone with James to get the other girls who had been under Cole's thumb. Once, they arrived they were given a choice to stay on the estate or go off on their own.

They easily decided they wanted to go off on their own, together. They had been tied down for so long that they just wanted to get away and be free not be stuck in one spot.

It was understandable, really. I was tempted to ask them to take me with them. Surely, they would break me out of this prison if they knew I was being held here against my will. However, I failed to tell them, and they failed to read the signs.

But honestly Julian has been different since that whole incident. Not a whole lot but he was around a lot more and tried to spend time with me. 

Problem was that I was pissed. He had almost allowed Cole to take Silver against her will even though there was no solid proof that they were mates. Not to mention I was mad at James. He obviously loved her, so why didn't he speak up? Was he that afraid of rejection? 

"Chloe!" I heard knocking on the door as Samantha called out to me. "Julian wants to see you downstairs."

When I heard her footsteps fade I way I slipped out of my room and down the stairs. I knew exactly where to find him.

Right as I was about to turn down the final hallway leading up to the door to his 'lair' I felt a light breeze before being pressed up against the fall.

"How are you doing this fine day, Ms. Chase?"

My last breath got caught in my throat as I looked into his deep blues. He was intoxicating and I was getting tipsy just by looking. 

"Fine," I said slowly. He had to be up to something, and I was not all that trusting.

The grin that sprang to his lips gave me both palpitations and a headache at what it could mean. What was he up to?!

"I was thinking that we could spend the day together. Just you and me."

"You and me, huh?" A plan started to form in my mind, as his face grew hopeful. "On two conditions."

Instantly the hopeful spark in his eye was replaced by a dangerous one, "You don't really look like you're in any position to be making conditions," Before I could interject, he finished. "But I'll hear you out."

Damn straight, I thought. "Well, for starters I want to go out. Out into the world. It's been months since I've had human contact outside these walls," I could tell he was fixing to interrupted so i hastily said, "Picking up that serial killer does not count!"

He looked about ready to reject the idea. "Julian, do you really think so low of yourself that you think little 'ole me can get away so easily?" 

Not that, that was the actual issue. I mean, for all he knows we could go to a very open and populated area and I could make a scene.

"PLEASE! I promise not to make a scene!" I exasperated. 

Of course, he just chuckled as if to say, oh, I know. If you did, I'd kill you.

After hearing his tone of laughter, I decided on another approach.

With a small shove of his left shoulder I slipped out from between him and the wall, "Whatever, Julian. I will just hangout with Trace and his boys. I am sure they would not mind me walking around in my bikini. It is a beautiful day outside."

I tried my best to remain serious, but my heart was beating rapidly in my chest. There was no way of knowing how he would react.

But one swift motion had me slammed back against the wall and the not so calm Julian growling not two inches from my face. "Fine," he said through clenched teeth.

My breath pretty much got caught in my throat from the impact and from the close proximity that was me and Julian. 

"Fine?" I whispered, glancing down at his lips that were too close for comfort.

Finding my way back up to his eyes I noticed they had softened while still holding certain intensity. 

"Be ready by noon," he said dangerously close to my mouth before being swallowed up by the dark hallway leading to his lair.

Trying to catch my runaway breath, I headed in the opposite direction and bounded the stairs. It was almost as if I was in a trance. Unable to completely comprehend what I was doing or what I was about to do. 

With only an hour to get ready for whatever he has planned, I make my way into the bathroom and strip down all too ready to feel the warmth of the water on my skin, 

Stepping out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel, I sucked in a deep breath. Julian was standing in front of me with only the bed and a towel between us.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a wobbly voice. 

"The light was off and the drapes were pulled so only a sliver of light shown through. I could not see much more than a shadow of the man that found it necessary to hold me hostage in an old Gothic manor with no contact to the outside world.

But I didn't think of that now. All I could think about was the fact that I was standing half naked in front Julian. 

Trying to stay cool, I walked around to the same side of the bed as him and headed for my dresser. 

However, he had other plans.

He gripped my wrist with enough force to insure I was not going anyway and that he was not hurting me.

Before I could comprehend what he was doing, his hand left my wrist and snaked around my waist pulling me into him. His lips were hot on mine as I tried to remember how to breathe.

There was more passion in the kiss than there ever was in the five years I was with my ex.

Ignoring the fact that I was wearing a towel that could easily fall from my slender frame, I wrapped my arms around his neck and begged for more.

I couldn't control the small moans that escaped as his tongue explored my mouth.

I felt him direct me to the bed, my legs against the side as he started kissing down my jaw making his way to my throat.

We both froze then. My blood ran cold at the anticipation of what was about to happen and what could happen.

Right then my back hit the mattress and the warmth of his body was no longer available. 

Opening my eyes, I hoped to get some answers as to why he dropped me and where this was going rang false because my room was empty.

He had disappeared.

As I laid in my bed after getting dressed I thought about what it was that had happened.

There were two things I was certain about.

1) Julian thirsted for my blood.

2) Julian hungered for my company.

It scared me to think of the poor soul that had to give what Julian was not willing to take from me.