[15] Mating Season

When we entered her room she was back in human form staring at the door with large eyes.

"He's here, isn't he?"

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out so instead I closed it and nodded focusing my eyes on the floor.

"He- he will kill me, kill my babies," I couldn't tell if I was the only one that noticed that she said my and not our.

"Miss-"

"Silver, you need to tell us everything."

Her head snapped in the direction of James. His voice had been so calm and understanding, I didn't even know he knew her name. I didn't even know her name.

She sobbed a little as she nodded. She tried to speak but she got all choked up.

I walked over to her side of the bed and took a seat on the edge. The pups were asleep cuddled into her side.

"Silver, whose babies are they?" I whispered afraid that I crossed the line.

I felt all the air get sucked out of the room as she sucked in a deep breath.

"How'd you?" she trailed off as she started choking up again.

"I read between the lines. He seems to not have any attatchment towards them at all, he's seems furious at you, and you're on the lam..."

Her tears started free falling now as she nodded her head really fast in agreement.

"I don't remember the father. I ran away once before. I was free for almost a month," she smiled through her tears. "But he found me and beat me near death. I haven't been able to remember anything from that month. It's a miracle that babies had survived. He didn't know about them until recently, thats why I ran."

I stayed silent as she explained, trying to keep my anger in check. From the start I've hated this guy and I had good reason!

Her next words shocked me, "He needs to die."

"Silver," I said slowly ready to comfort her and tell her that death is not the answer when she continued.

"He has three other 'wives'. Like me he controls and beats them. He doesn't even care that we don't love him. At one point in time we all thought we loved him but after the honeymoon he shows his true colors. A controlling, manipulating, possesive bastard."

Venom hung from each word as they floated around the room cutting us all like knives. I could tell that James was becoming more and more angry by his clenched jaw, and tight fists.

Before I could ask anymore questions or she could explain further there was a knock on the door, "Times up!"

"No!" I hollered back. "We need more time."

The door opened swiftly as it slammed agaist the wall and bounced back, only to be caught by a hand that looked both dirty and tanned.

I stood up in shock, "Get the hell away from her."

He was already by the back ready to snatch up Silver when he swung on me.

"You can't believe a damn thing she says. She hasn't been right in the head since..."

"Since when?!" I snapped back once he trailed off. "Since you beat her half to death after she was smart enough to get the hell away from you?!"

He looked taken aback, his hand was raised ready to hit someone. Who, I wasn't sure as he looked back and fourth between me and Silver.

Julian was in front of me in a second, but Samantha was the one to talk, "It's getting late, you both can stay here tonight. You can leave in the morning."