[20] Crossing Jordan

The room was perfectly silent except for the sound of my heart. I was alone in a confined dark space with a vampire that was anything but happy.

He was standing behind me by the door this much I was sure. After he slammed the door I could just barely feel his presence behind me. He was burning holes into the back of my head as I tried to muster up the strength to say something- anything.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't end your suffering right here and now," he breathed into my neck.

Squeezing my eyes shut I said the only thing I knew (hoped) to be true, "Because you’re not a monster."

With one swift movement I was shoved into a chair, he was laughing as he leaned down until he was face to face with me, “What makes you think I’m not? I’ve killed a lot in my day. Way more than a weak human like you could stomach.”

A memory of the men he killed last night’s dream resurfaced. Only it wasn’t a dream, it was real. He was right, I did not know him from Adam and here I was risking my life day in and day out trying to get him to open up to me.

“You’re right, I don’t know you. I’m sorry for caring,” I made a move to stand but he didn’t back away.

Julian stayed where was, his eyes searching mine. By the time his eyes calmed from their angry state my eyes grew accustomed to the darkness.

I did a really ballsy thing right then. I cupped his face with my hands, “You heard me right, Julian. I care. I care about you. I care about Samantha. I care about Trace. Silver and James even.”

I could only see the outline of his face; his eyes no longer were aglow.

“Please. Say something,” I was more scared of his silence than anything.

I was right, too. His silence was calculating. Within a second of speaking his lips were back on mine. This time the passion burned with such fury that I had to cling to him for dear life.

At some point I lost my seating and was atop the table that had once held such a terrible memory. His lips sucked on my neck as I moaned with uncertainty.

My head was spinning with memories none of them making sense. Some showed the monster behind the baby blues that others showed the gentlemen behind the blood lust. My head was trying to fight what my heart and body wanted. He has tormented me for the past months. He’s killed people, threatened to kill me.

My heart and body was winning though as his hands lingered over every inch of my body. I had never wanted another’s body so badly.

The next thing I knew Julian tore open the front of my blouse. Some of my senses seemed to resurface as he started kissing down to my chest not pausing at the base of my throat.

“J-J-Julian, we can’t.”

He froze, his lips resting on my collar bone. Finally, stood up and looked me in the eyes.