[14] Who Let the Dogs In?

My feet were  moving before I even made a decision. First thing I did was back away slowly. Making too much noise would no doubt spike the beasts hearing even the dogs,

I was half way down the drive when movement from my left caught my eyes. There in the grass right in front of me were the three pups. Their eyes not yet open and their mouths searching for their mothers milk. A sad sight really.

Before I could talk myself out of it or allow my feet to continue on I yelled out, "Julian! Trace! James!" One of them was bound to hear if not all.

All was right. Now standing inside the gate were three men. Each one angrier then the next. James was moderately angry, seemly bored really. Maybe even sad. Trace he seemed to radiate aenough anger for the both of them. But Julian? He radiated enough anger for the Hulk.

"What the hell!?" Julian sneered. He hadn't even attempted to open the gate and snatch me up yet.

Gain control over my feet again I walked up to the gate and held my hand out through the bars, "Give me your shirt."

Julian like the others always wore either a black or white t-shirt. Occasionally he sported a button down. But that was rare, and also when he left the house for the day.

He just glared in response oblivious to the pups just a few feet away, He was that angry.

"Please. Give me your shirt, Julian."

Confusion clouded his eyes as he removed the shirt from his broad shoulders, making all the muscles in his stomache and arms ripple. It took everything I had to accept the shirt and not run my hands over his chest and abdominals.

Taking a deep breath, I turned back toward the pups and headed down the drive. I could tell that they were all getting ready to pounce on me. They didn"t need the gate open they just had to jump and they"d easily clear the top of the gate.

I turned into the lawn to the right of the drive and laid the ashirt out flat and gingerly placed the three pups on it. Then I wrapped it around them, forcing them to fall into one another. But they didn"t seem to mind, instead they snuggled up more.

I then walked back up to the gate and gave them a small smile, "Are you going to let me back in?"

Of course my stomach twisted with each word. I wasn't looking forward to being kept captive again after being so close to being free but it would"ve been selfish of me to leave these pups defensless.

Both James and Trace came forward. Both grabbing hold of a gate door and opening them just far enough for me to walk through before they closed them again. I heard the metal on metal smack and my heart sunk. That was probably my only chance and I lost it,

"What the hell..."

I cut him off before he could rant, "There is an intruder in the estate and he's looking for her," I gestured with my head to the house,

They didn"t even think twice when the shoved me toward the house and the boys transformed while Julian turned into a blur as they all went to warn the others and search the grounds.

But they didn"t know I had basically already told him where she was. I ran into the hpuse hoping I could get to her first or at least help her. I was far from thinking rational. As soon as I entered the foyer I felt his presence.

The next thing I knew he was stalking forward from the dark compounds of Julians lair. The very lair no one was allowed in, with the exception of me when he wasn't in a bad mood or hungry.

I began to speak, to tell him to stay back or else he"d regret when he cut me off, "You little bitch, how"d you get back in here? Tell you what, I promise to make your death less painful as long as you keep your mouth shut."

"Help," were the only words that I could think of. And I didn"t even say them v ery loud. I whispered them so low that I couldn"t even hear them myself.

But he did. "You little bitch," he bounded forward for me before be swallowed up by the darkness by an unknown force.

Without even thinking twice I ran up the stairs, hugging the pups to my chest. Once I was inside the room with my back to the closed door I let out the breath I had been holding.

"My babies!"

My head instantly snapped up to the sound of her voice. My eyes instantly locked in on her silver eyes, They were nothing I had ever seen before.

"Miss! Please let me have my babies."

I then glanced down at the newborn pups and they wiggled in antisapation of their mothers milk. 

I walked slowly over to the edge of the bed where the mom was now transforming. Once she was situated on the bed I lowered them to her side and watched as they found the milk without the use of their eyes.

I stayed in the room until she fell asleep and the pups were content. 

When I closed the door and headed down the hallway in the direction of the staircase I heard a few voices all talking in unison. 

Reaching the top of the stairwell I seen James, Julian, Trace, and the mystery guy.

The mystery guy looked fine. He didn't appear to have been hurt in any way shape or form. At this point my blood was boiling, and I started decending the stairs.

"I'm here to retrieve what is mine, and that's it,"  the man mumble as he head toward me up the stairs.

He didn't notice me until we were a few step apart and he had finally looked up. He didn't say anything and his face portrayed no emotion. He seemed to have gotten the message pretty clearly. 

I was off limits.

"You have no right to be here," I said between clenched teeth.

He seemed to have found his voice when he said, "She is my wife. She belongs to me."

"Yea? What about those babies? Are those yours, too? Or was she just holding them for a friend?"

That must have pushed the wrong button because his hands were nearly around my throat before Julain grabbed him from behind and threw him back so he slide across the wood floors and slammed into the wall.

Julian then turned back toward me and began to glare, "The woman belongs with him. We have no say in the matter."

 I crossed my arms over my chest, as I said "And what about the girl? Where does that leave her in the decision making?"

He clearly flinched at my word for word play back of Georges speech earlier.

His teeth were now clenched, "They are mates there is no way around this."

Staying calm I replied with, "And how do you know they are 'mates'? Did you ask her?"

"No, but he has explained to us she has become delerious in her current state."

"You mean pregnant? Are you really trusting this guy after he tried to kill me, not to mention he didn't seem to show much interest in the babies before at the gate or a few minutes ago when I held them in the foyer. He's obviously hiding somethine,  at least get her side of the story," I tried to keep my voice low enough to where only he could hear me but considering the man was dog he probably heard every word. Considering from the growl I know heard cover the entire room, I'd say he heard.

Julians eyes bored into mine as if trying to read any alterier motives.

"Fine, go up and talk with her. You have ten mintues. Take James with you," he said with a dismissive huff as he turned around and headed down the rest of the stairs.

"You can't be serious," the man argued.

Now that I had time to asses him fully I noticed the greasy dark hair, the just barely there shirt and torn jeans. I couldn't believe that I hadn't realized he was an intruder in the first place. He stood out like a sore thumb.

 James was now behind me a few steps waiting for me to turn and follow him to the girls room.

"If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about," I said in a matter-of-fact tone before spinning on my heels and walking back up the stairs.