[21] Eye of the Storm

Weeks passed and things have been going smoothly. Trix has grown old enough to shed her fur, as did the rest of the pups. Silver and James are more than happy, too. Since they were teething toddlers now, she did not have to nurse anymore.

It took me a while to get used to her human form. Nevertheless, there was no need to be worried. The way it they explained to me was that, they did not have their grown up teeth. They would not crave flesh until they were about fifteen years old, and even then, they would be on a strict diet. There would be no eating me.

Trace has had some moments where he has grown jealous of how much attention I give Trix but now that she is not in her wolf form, he seemed to have backed off. Although he does, trot around in his wolf form a lot more. He has been sleeping with me almost every night and forcing me to play fetch with him almost every day.

However, I did not mind it. Julian has not been around much since the day after are little day out. At dinner he would ask me about my day and we would talk about trivial things but that was when we were surrounded by people, he would not come neat me when I was alone.

Today was different though, I could feel it. There was a huge storm coming in and everyone was scared. I on the other hand was not afraid at all, as I helped Silver fix up the cellar for everyone. About twenty wolves needed shelter.

I was not so much afraid of the storm as I was of being in tightly filled cellar full of antsy, more than likely hungry wolves.

"Are you all right?" Silver asked making me jump.

"Yea, just a little unnerved. You?"

She smiled and put her hand on my shoulder, "Everything will be okay. There is at least one bad storm a year in these parts. We'll all survive just fine."

I did not have the heart to admit my true fear so I just nodded and thanked her.

As she walked away, Julian came up from behind me, "Thirsty?"

Sadly, I jumped at that word. He took it a different way, thankfully.

"Sorry for startling you," he said as he handed me a bottle of water.

I smiled as I took it, "Thanks."

"Everything's going to be all right, you know," I could tell Julian was having a hard with small talk.

Deciding to take advantage of his appearance I asked, "Where the hell have you been these last few weeks? You've been avoiding me."

"I was not av-"

"You are too! The only time you talk to me is at dinner and even then, it is like talking to a brick wall. What's going on?" my arms crossed in a stubborn stature.

"Julian, we need your help with something back here," someone yelled from the other end of the house.

"We'll talk about this later," he said then turned and walked away.

I let out a low scream as I headed upstairs to my room. There was no way I was going to spend more time than necessary with everyone.

I put in my ear buds to my MP3 player that I got Samantha to buy me last week. It has made all the difference. I have only been able to listen to music that the others liked and that was usually rock or heavy metal. My ears always felt like they were going to start bleeding the second they blared it.

I lie down and just let the music take me anywhere but here. Day dreaming has been my constant escape from here. Who knew that I would actually daydream about real life rather than a totally farfetched life.

Nevertheless, I accepted it as I daydreamed about my brother. Back when he was still alive and my parents were still together. We had all been so happy.

I didn't matter though. Whether my daydreams were happy or not, the dreams that followed every night were anything but.

Ever since the night we crossed Jordan, I haven't been sleeping well.

Waking up screaming has been an every night thing. I was more afraid of sleep than I was the everyday horror show I lived in. I was being held captive by a territorial wolf, a soft-spoken witch, and an ill-tempered vampire and only the deception of a deceased wolf was enough to make me sleep like ten minutes at a time.

Some nights I could have sworn Julian was outside my door ready to turn the knob and come make me feel better.

However, if he was there he didn't make himself known.

As I laid there trying to get lost in the music, I tried to lose myself. No thoughts, no worries. Just the music and the beating of my heart.

I drifted off for a good half hour. Longer than I have slept in a long while.

Before I knew it I felt a brisk wind across my room, my hair wrapping around my face.

I awoke with a gasp for air. I felt as if I was being smothered. Across the room my window had been blown open, the wind was strong and forceful.

I tried standing up but the wind was too strong. Grabbing the post at the end of the bed and pulled myself up.

I don't know what possessed me to work my way to the window but I made my way over to it. I grabbed hold of the windowpane and looked outside.

It was hard to see anything; the tree's were going wild. Leaves for everywhere.

I was actually a beautiful sight. Like a whirlwind of colors, and the sound was magnificent.

I was in some kind of trance; a small part of me knew that. However, the music was still blaring in my ears even the ear buds have long since fell out.

I closed my eyes and just let the sounds and smells take over my senses.

"Chloe!"

It went silent almost instantly. My blood rushed to my ears as I opened my eyes.

Right before my eyes there was a thick tree branch coming straight at my window.

Blink once and it could take my head clear off my shoulders. Therefore, I fought. I kept my eyes locked on it as it silently, and slowly came at me.

However, my eye betrayed me, as the wind got stronger.

I blinked once and it was all over.

**Authors Note!** 

I know it's short but I was getting a headache. lol. I figured you all would appreciate the attempt.

Please remember to vote. It's up for the WattyAwards!

Thanks! I'll update as soon as I can. Although I just recently got a job. Working 2-10pm. I won't have much time but I will try(: