[11] You're So Vain, You Probably Think This Chapter is About You

I was so out of it I felt like I was in another world. Actually I was. I was in a whole other world that lived apart from the lives of average human’s. One that consisted of Vampire, Werewolves, and Witches. I was no able to add serial killers to the list. Even though he wasn’t supernatural he was something I never encountered in my normal life outside of this nightmare.

“Why haven’t I passed out?” I mumbled incoherently.

“Shh,” Trace whispered. At least I think it was a whisper. For all I know I could be losing my hearing just as well as my sight. “We’ll be home in a minute. Everything is fine.”

He sped up through the streets of the small town. For the first time I noticed how still and quiet everything was. But it could have just been the drugs.

“Shit, it wasn’t supposed to go this far,” I thought I heard Trace mumble but I couldn’t be sure.

When we reached the driveway to the Clark Manor he stopped in front of the gate and turned to me, “Chloe, how are you feeling?”

I tried to form a coherent thought and even form a sentence but I was so out of it felt as if my voice was numb. The next thing I knew Trace grabbed hold of my chin, turning my head to look at him, he forced my eyes open with his forefinger and thumb.