[10] Hooked on You

I must have fallen asleep at some point because Trace was calling my name from afar. But in reality he was about five feet away.

“Chloe!”

I jerked awake to find I was leaning against someone’s shoulder. Julian’s. I was still angry with him so I gave him a dirty look as I sat up.

“You have a little,” he said motioning toward his lip.

Lifting my hand to my face I felt slobber on my cheek. I glared even worse at him as he tried to covger up his laughing. I was in a seriously bitchy mood.

This movie sucks, and I hate being woken up from naps.

I glanced over at Trace deciding to ignore Julian, “What?!” I snapped. Turns out it wasn’t just Julian I was mad at.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed the blanket off my lap. Julian must have covered me up when I fell asleep, I concluded.

“Don’t take my blanket, I’m comfortable.”

Next thing he grabbed was my hand, “Come on. We’re going to the store.”

The meaning of ‘store’ slowly sunk in, “You mean go off the estate?”

He nodded and I jumped up so fast I nearly tripped over Julian’s long legs, and of course he chuckled under his breath, “Shut up! You and your mood swings are getting on my last nerve.”

He was completely surprised at my outburst, but before he could do anything about it Trace dragged me out of the room.

“And why am I allowed out of the house?” I asked, crossing my arms as we stood in the foyer.

“Do you want to go or not? Just go upstairs and change into something skimpy or I’ll just take Samantha,” he suggested.