[8] I Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar

I was hidden away in the dark corner of the house. Underneath the very tablet hat did me in the first day I arrived. But for once it did more good for me than bad.

I don't know why I was hiding like a child. But  was absolutely frightened of him. More than anyone else in this house.

"Chloe?" I heard Julian's voice, and I tried to cower further underneath the table.

I heard his footsteps before I seen his feet. The next thing I knew I seen his face, "Chloe, why is the chef searching for you?"

I thought about it for a second but thought better then to tell him instead I reached around the other side of me and lifted up the plate, "Cookie?"

Instantly his laughter took up the empty space in the room, "You took his cookies?"

"Well," I said as I stared down at them and inhaled there scent. "They're really all of ours. He wouldn't let me have one so when he wasn't looking I took them."

Julian took a cookie into his mouth, "You know he takes all of our diets very seriously. You're spoiling your dinner."

"We have steak almost every night. How is that healthy? I could die from a heart attack before these cookies do me in," I said as I took a bite of a cookie as well.

"Well, how many have you had?" he asked as he helped me out from under the table and onto my feet.

"This is my first one," I said, before swallowing the last bite.

"First? You've been hiding for almost an hour," he chuckled.

"I felt guilty," this whole episode made me feel like a child.

"What made you take that one then?"

"You're now an accomplice."