[4] Raye of Light

He let go of my hair, finally. I looked up at him while rubbing my head where he had been pulling my hair, “Want me to get that?”

He looked angry, but his anger didn’t seem to be towards me anymore. It was towards whoever was on the other side of that door.

I slowly walked over to the door; with my hand on the door handle I turned to see his expression. It hadn’t changed a bit; he was still staring at the door with his cold eyes.

His vampire side surely showing through as his eyes flashed red where his usually beautiful baby blues were.

I opened the door slowly to find a bottle blond woman wearing a pin stripe pants suit and stilettos that made her look over six feet tall.

My first instinct was to shut the door on her face. I mean, she was an ordinary human walking into the belly of the beast. There was no way in hell I wanted another person held captive here.

I wanted to run, screaming out bloody murder. But the chances of either of us making it out of here alive we slim to none.

As soon as my eyes met hers, my blood ran old. She was here with a purpose, “Can I help you?” I had to clear my throat and start again.

She didn’t seem to notice me as she look over and around my head at the inside of the house. Still not looking me in the face she said, “Is Julian Clark home?”

I attempted to block her view from the rest of the house, but found it difficult with her being several inches taller than me. When I finally got her attention, she looked into my eyes. The evil look in her eyes resolved and was replaced with a look friendliness. Not without being noticed first.

“Hi, I’m Betsy Raye,” she extended her hand to me.

Reluctantly taking her hand I reply, “Chloe.”

She smiled pleasantly, while trying to take a step into the house, but I wouldn’t budge from where I was standing, blocking her way.

Her demeanor changed only for an instant as I held my ground.