[5] Wolves, Vampires, Witches... Oh, My!

When I opened my eyes Julian was standing above me. He looked far from happy, but a little concerned. The concern was wiped away once he seen I was awake.

"Samantha," with the sound of her name she appeared. She looked sad and a little scared, and she wouldn’t fully meet my eyes.

She pulled the white sheet that had been covering me from the waist down, exposing my ripped up thigh. Fat and tissue was sticking out while blood drenched and pooled all around me on the bed.

Samantha then left my sight, coming back with a mug of something steaming. At the thought of a nice cup of hot cocoa instantly made me aware of how cold I was.

"No!" Julian voice bounced off the walls. "No sedation," he had Samantha by the wrist with one hand and took the cup with the other.

"But," Samantha started but was cut off by Julian. "No, and leave a scar. I want her to remember the consequences.

She nodded and he took a walk around the bed stopping on the opposite side. He looked like he was ready to watch something amusing.

Keeping my eyes on Julian, I didn't see Samantha move. The next thing I knew she was staying something that sounded nowhere near English. It reminded me of a chant. Before I could question what she was doing the pain kicked in.

My skin was on fire, and my blood was boiling. I couldn't move, couldn't think straight, I couldn't even move. I was in total agony. All I could o was swivel my eyes from Samantha who was chanting away, and to Julian who looked paler than usual.

There was some solace in knowing he wasn't completely heartless and enjoying this.

Finally the pain shrunk down until it was just my thigh that was burning. I was able to move my neck up to see what was happening and to my astonishment my torn up thigh was slowly closing up. I could feel my skin being pulled together- tight. Once it looked like a small slit of red flesh it started to burn more then ever. I could see smoke coming out of the gash until my skin was fully healed leaving behind a bright white scar.

The pain didn't stop there. Once Samantha stepped back and wiped the sweat from her brow the turned into something different.