[25] Revelations and Misconceptions

I made it all the way to my room but it wasn’t meant to be as he shoved the door open before I could get it shut.

He was a lot stronger than I remembered as I lost my balance and took a few steps back until I hit the bench at the foot of my bed.

I landed with a thud as he came towards me his eyes still cold as stone. Nothing like his own, nothing like Julian’s.

He was even more so a monster than Julian was. With Julian, I knew what I was dealing with. However, with Jeremy I have never seen this side of him in the lifetime I’ve known him.

We had dated since freshmen year, but had been friends since we were in diapers.

As I sat staring up at him like a dear in headlights, my hand found my MP3 beside me on the bench and I squeezed it with a death grip.

He continued to stalk toward me with an expression that I couldn’t decipher.

Pain? Anger?

Get rid of him, I head a growl.

Tearing my eyes away from Jeremy’s I looked around the room. There was no one else in the room!

 “Chloe, talk to me,” his voice was pleading again.

However, when I met his eyes they still held a cold glare that didn’t sit right with me.

“Jeremy,” I started but instantly was cut off.

Get rid of him!

I ignored the outburst and continued, “What do you want me to say?”

He was kneeling down in front of me now look up into my eyes through his long dark lashes.

I had forgotten how his dark lashes framed his dark gray eyes just right. How his lips always look like they could bloom into an outright smile at any moment.

“Give me one more chance,” he pleaded, his eyes no longer holding anger but held a certain hope.

“Jeremy…” I started but I didn’t know what to say.

“Jeremy, dear, your parents are waiting,” my mother called from downstairs.

He stood up straight, he was still facing me yet he wasn’t looking me in the eyes as he turned and walked briskly out of my room.

“Bye,” I said awkwardly.

He barely turned to look at me and gave me a hard nod, his eyes glazed over and cold again.

I was taken aback; I just sat there for over twenty minutes trying to figure what had happen. But there was no explanation.

Well, there was one but I refuse to believe it.

So, instead of dwelling on it further, I simply got up shut my door and crawled under my covers. Turning the music on full blast, I fell asleep with minutes.

***

As the days progressed, I got worse.

Sleep became a constant thing. I slept almost eighteen hours at a time. I was losing weight rapidly from lack of eating and nutrition.

Jeremy has called nonstop but my mother knew better than to wake me up.

I was lost to a figment of my imagination.

I couldn’t have the real thing. So, why not settle?

 The little bit of time that I was awake, I spent it debating whether I should call or not.