[13] Should I Stay or Should I Go?

There are somethings you just can't unhear. That alarm being one of them. It was loud and obnoxious, I'm surprised my ears haven't began to bleed.

Swiftly Julian was out of my face and out the door. He obviously takes this siren very seriously.

Since my head is being rocked from the blarring noise I make.a beeline for my door to follow him.

Surely I shouldn't have expected him to be waiting for me. What with him having vampire speed, my speed was equivalent to a sloth.

So taking my sweet old time I walked in the direction of the staircase. The sound that covered every inch of the house was making it near impossible to walk in a straight  line let alone think clearly.

I finally made it to the stairs. My one good rational thought broke through the sound barrier and told me to sit down and take tthe stairs slowly like I did as a child.

Scooting down the stairs was actually fun despite the splitting migraine that was building up in my head. Any second I expected my head to explode.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I pulled myself up by the banister. That'd when everything got deathly quiet. The siren had been turned off leaving me with a ringing sensation in my ears and a foggy-ness in my head.

There was a knock at the door seconds later. Considering the state my head was in, I wasn't sure if I had actually heard it. But surely enough the knocking sound persisted.

Slowly I walked over the door still questioning the sound. Hand on the.door knob I tried recollecting my thoughts before opening it.

Standing on the otherside of the door was a middle aged looking man in dark navy suit with a briefcase. If he was the one that sounded the alarms I was going to be pissed.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked as I leaned aginst the door. No doubt resembling a drunk person.

The man looked me up and down clearly sizing me up and instantly my mind wondered to the possibility of him becoming another victim.

"I'm George Waverly, who are you?"

"Are you the intruder that caused the alarms to go off?" I asked avoiding the question.

"Well, no one else entered the.gate along with me if thats what you're asking," I took that as confirmation enough.

"Julian! Samantha! False alarm! You have a visitor!" I yelled into the sitting room knowing someone would hear me.

I wasn't in the right mind-set to think anything of this man. The manner of which he introduced himself didn't give me any room for suspicion. The state my mind was in didn't either.

"Excuse me, who are you?" George asked as he closed the door behind him.

I was leaning up against the banister as if my arms were meant to be holding me up not my own legs.

"Oh, how rude of me," I'm pretty sure I slurred my words as I hopped down from the banister. "I'm Chloe the resident c- just resident," I caught myself from saying captive. How weird would that sound? Resident captive. I began to laugh at my own in coherent thought earning me a concerned look from George.

"Uncle George!" Samantha squeeled as she entered the foyer forcing me to wince from the sudden loud noise.

"Sammy," George cooed as he held out his arms for her to jump into.

By the wway Samantha was acting she resembled her twenty years of physical age. I instantly wished for the quiet proper Samantha, this loud one was going to be the death of me. Didn't she know I was just getting over a hangover?