[30] Blood Vows

The pain in my head was excruciating as the venom worked its magic. Sure, I was healing faster than I would if Trace and I hadn’t bonded but it was too painful to be grateful just yet.

“Ahh!” I cried as Samantha put a cool towel on my burning up forehead.

“It’s going to be okay, Chloe. Just breath, it’ll be over soon,” she soothed.

I screamed as the strongest surge of pain came over me. I sat up in bed forcing Samantha to stand.

I stopped screaming as the pain passed. I looked around the room taking it all in. Trace and Samantha were the only ones in the room.

I got up out of bed and headed for the bathroom to check out my head, “What the hell is going on?!”

“Chloe-” Trace started.

“How the hell did he find me!?” I asked, more frustrated with myself than I was with anyone else.

“He had made a deal with a vampire named Luke The same vampire hell bent on taking the manor from us,” Samantha explained. “Jeremy wanted you, that was something Luke could work with. He helped Jeremy gain the confidence that he lacked with a spell by one of his lackeys. He then gave Jeremy the details on where to find you. The device helped cloak his location.”

“What? What the hell was with that MP3 player anyways?” I interrupted her.

“It was a device that helped keep track of you. Julian had me charm it before you leaved. It could only be activated by you. When it made contact with your body Julian knew exactly what was happening. He knew all along that Jeremy had the device. He just didn’t know that he was connected to Luke, so he thought you were safe.”

I slowly took in the information kind of numbly. It was taking a second to sink in but when it did I whirled around, “Where’s Jeremy?”

“Chloe,” Samantha started, solemnly.

I pushed past her into the hallway, I rushed down the stairs until I rounded the banister at the bottom.

“Julian Michael Clark, where the hell are you!?” I called right before I made it into his dark lair.

He was standing at the table that held so many memories with his back to me, “What?” he asked with no emotion.

“Where. Is. Jeremy?”  I asked very slowly but sternly.

He turned to face me, his eyes were ablaze but held no emotion. I broke him, was my first thought.

“Why do you care?” he asked some anger seeping through but not enough. The color of his eyes and the sound of his voice did not match.

“You couldn’t have killed him,” I sobbed, taking a step closer to him as if her were a wounded animal that would attack at any moment.