Chapter one

*Ava's POV*

“Do you like them?” Tom asks me.

“I love them, thank you so much”

Tom has been my best friend for thirteen years now, we’ve never been so close until recently. My mother passed away so I’m continuously staying with him. He’s been here for me since I can remember.

“Well I knew how much you loved McFly so I thought, for your birthday we’ll go see them” he smiled down at me, I’ve been obsessed with McFly from the age of 14. Tom hasn’t ever showed an interest but I’m still in the process of persuading him to become a fan.

   “Well, the tickets arrived yesterday, want to see them?”

I nodded in agreement and he pulled himself from the couch. He exited the room, I felt the rush of excitement build inside me.

“Here” Tom entered the room again, holding two tickets.

  I scanned them over, reading every sentence. One took my eye.

‘With supporting acts, The vamps’ I smiled at thought of seeing Mcfly for the first time. I handed the tickets back to Tom.

 “I’ll be going, I’ve still got a lot to plan for Tuesday” I huffed before grabbing my shoes, I took one of toms hoodies and pulled it over my head. I hugged Tom before leaving his house.

  The walk from here is only five minutes, I normally walk quite fast so it takes some time off.

“I’m home” I shouted to my remaining family.

My little brother, Joshua, was now running down the stairs.

“Ava” he threw himself into my arms.

Josh is only three, he was only one when my mother died so he knows no different.

“How are you little man”

“Hungry” he smiled

“Shall we go make some tea?” I figured my dad had once again left Josh alone in the house whilst I was gone.

“Where’s Daddy?” I asked Josh

“He went out with Kiera” I sighed.

Kiera was my dad’s replacement, I can’t expect him to not move on but I just wish it would be with someone who has intentions of actually caring for me or even just Josh.

“Can we have hula hoops?” Josh asked, tugging on my shorts.

“I suppose we can”

He jumped around, I smiled down at him, his face was tanned and soft, bright blue eyes and dark brown hair. He really was a little cutie.

  I served our meal and sat Josh and myself on the couch. The TV was playing so I turned the channel to nickelodeon so Josh could watch Life with boys.

“They lived happily ever after” I finished reading Joshua his bedtime story, his eyes were closed and the sound of his soft snores filled the room.

 My phone beeped, indicating I had a text.

‘Won’t be home tonight, look after Josh please –Dad x’

I didn’t bother replying to it. I just shut my phone off and sat on my bed.

I took Toms hoodie off and hung it on my door. I gathered my hair in a bobble and took my makeup off.  I just stared at myself in the mirror.

My blonde hair was long, flowing to my bum. My blue eyes were bright, reflecting my personality. But I wasn’t who I wished I was. Everyone has that image in the back of their mind that they wish they were. My smile had faded and my eyes were now heavy. I climbed into bed and turned my phone back on.

 ‘Ava, did you get home okay?x’ scanned across my home screen. I clicked the text and replied.

‘Yes thank you x’

‘Glad:), what you doing?x’

‘Sat in my bed hehe, you?x’

‘Wishing you were with me:(x’

‘I’m always with you x’

“Not right now x’

Mine and toms conversation carried on for another two hours before I felt myself drifting into a deep sleep.

(Hey guys, i've been wanting to start this story for a while, so here it is! enjoy)