Chapter five

I awoke from my sleep to the sound of raindrops hitting my window. I always found this soothing when I was restless at night but unfortunately, tonight the rain was anything but soothing.

   I pulled the covers from me and pulled my dressing gown over myself. I quietly walked across the hall, trying not to disturb my brother, and entered the kitchen. The lights were off so I switched them on before making myself some breakfast.

    I checked the clock before removing my bacon from the oven. ‘6:00’ was printed on the small screen. I sighed before buttering my bread and placing my bacon inside the two slices. I added a side of tomato ketchup and walked back down the hallway and into my bedroom again.

  I switched the TV on and began to watch an episode of keeping up with the Kardashian’s.

  The time was now nine and I decided to go shopping for my date tonight. I didn’t have many dresses and the ones I had were probably all too small for me now. I had recently been paid £200 off my grandma for helping take care of her before she was taken to the care home.  My grandma had been my mother figure since my mum died. I didn’t worry a lot when I was younger but when I was around twelve I started to worry a lot about simple things and my mum was still alive then but as soon as she died my grandma was always there.

  I collected my things from the side and took them to the kitchen. I shuffled around my wardrobe before finding a jumper and a pair of black leggings. I changed into these and placed my socks on.  I grabbed my ugg boots from my wardrobe and placed them on my feet.

  I wrote a note to tell my dad and Kiera I was in town and that I’d be home around noon.

    The bus arrived in the centre quiet quickly so I had plenty of time to shop. The 20% sale in one of the shops caught my eye. As I entered the shop a tall brunette welcomed me. I returned her smile and walked through to the dress section.

   After looking through lots of the dresses I finally found the perfect one. The dress was short and had a pink and white floral pattern. I already had a pair of white vans so I didn’t need to worry about shoes.

  I paid for the dress and exited the shop. I didn’t need anything else now so I quickly went into Starbucks and bought myself a chocolate cooler.

  The bus stop wasn’t far from here so I decided to just head home. After paying for my ticket I took a seat near the back of the bus and waited until I arrived back home.

 ‘You have two more hours until our date x’ The text flashed upon my screen, I smiled as I read the name.

‘Better start getting ready then x’ I simply replied

‘You’ll look beautiful, I’m sure x’

I smiled again, it’s crazy how Connor fell in my path, If someone told me I’d be going on a date with one of the band members from the Vamps I’d call them crazy and walk away. But yet, here I am, Doing that exact thing.

After my time was up, the doorbell rang. I checked myself over once before giving myself the all clear.  I headed to the door and opened it.

“Hey” Brad was stood, wearing a tuxedo and a cap.

“Nice hat” I smiled at him. He laughed and grabbed my hand.

“The car awaits” he guided me to the car parked across my driveway.

  “Here you are, tell Connor to text me when you want picking up” I nodded before hoping out the car and thanking Brad.

As I walked down the pathway, a light appeared and Connor’s face was visible. He stood, wearing a pair of tight jeans and a plain black t-shirt.  In his hand he held a bunch of flowers.

 “Hey” he smiled. He walked over and embraced me in a hug.

“Hi”

“There’s dinner set up over by the lake. The muds wet so I thought I’d come and carry you over it” he gestured to the lake just across the grass.

I nodded as he placed his hands under my legs. He carefully lifted me up, I held onto his neck and nuzzled my face in his shoulder.

 “Here” he placed me down next to my chair.

“This is beautiful” I finally spoke after taking in the surroundings. He’d set up a table and placed little candle lights around the edge of the lake to make it look more wintery.

  “Here are your meals” Tristan gave us our food and smiled at me.

“Thank you” I laughed.

“I really liked this”

“me too” Connor agreed.

The date had been amazing.

“I want to do this more often” He said once again.

“Me too” I tuned to him and he slowly leant forward. I did the same and soon enough we made contact. His lips pressed against my own as his hands found their way to my waist. Pulling me closer, I placed my hands through his hair.

  “I really like you” Connor breathed, pulling out of our kiss.

I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.

“I like you too” I quietly spoke.

“I’m never really good at asking this but, will you be my girlfriend?” He fiddled with my hand waiting for me to answer.

“I’d love to be” I smiled.

He pulled me to him, I felt his embrace warm and welcoming. This had to be one of the best nights ever.