Chapter Tweleve

I woke the next day to an empty bed, Ava’s clothes were still placed across the chair by our bed but my shirt was missing. I pulled myself out of bed and towards the bathroom.

 After showering and changing, I walked into the kitchen. Ava was sat on the counter with a paper in her hands. I walked towards her and dragged myself onto the counter to sit next to her.

   She removed her eyes from the paper in front of her and now towards my face. She’d had a shower this morning as last night’s makeup had been removed.

“Hey” I broke the silence.

“Hi” she smiled up at me.

“What are you doing?” her eyes had now regained focus onto he paper resting on her lap.

“I’m finding a job” she laughed.

“I can get you one, we need help in the studio with cleaning and making drinks, I can get you in?” I offered

“Its fine, I need to be able to do things on my own. I rely too much on people” she sighed.

“Everyone does”

“But if we we’re to end, I’d be homeless, jobless and moneyless. I need a job outside of our relationship” she stood from the counter and placed the paper on the table.

“We won’t end, I hope not at least”

“Me too, I’m just saying if it did”

 *Ava’s POV*

I was starting to miss my family, I knew that I would. Connor’s the one I love but at the minute I just wish I could still be with my family too.

   This gave me an idea, today was a Tuesday and I knew that my dad would be working all day. This leaves just Josh and Kiera in the house. I can easily get in and spend the day with Josh.

“Connor” I jumped down from the counter and towards him.

“Yeah?”

“Can we drive me to my dad’s?”

Connor’s face changed, I could see the panic on his face. It was actually quite amusing.

“What for?”

“I want to see Josh”

I changed and got myself ready, Connor did the same. I’m planning on taking Josh to a play area, Connor wants to come along too.

  This is the first time I’ve been back to my dad’s after the argument. As the car approaches I notice that both cars are missing from the driveway. I still don’t hesitate to knock on the door.

   I hear footsteps, someone must be in. the door opens and to my surprise Tom is standing there. His face darkens when he sees that it’s me, I’m guessing he didn’t want me to know that he was having a play date with my family.

  “Ava?” he says this more of a question

“Erm, what are you doing here?” I ask him, I’m puzzled as to why my best friends at my house without me even being here in god know how long.

“I-I was just looking after Josh” he stutters before finding the right words.

“Tom, who is it?” I hear Kiera approach the door. She peeps round before her eyes land on me.

“Shit” she mutters, just loud enough for me to hear.

This whole situation is so confusing, Tom is at my dad’s house whilst my dad’s at work and he’s stood with my slut bag of a step mum.

“where’s Josh”

To be honest I couldn’t care less about why Tom’s stood in my house, I just want to see my brother.

“He’s out” Kiera states.

“Tom just said he was looking after him? Can someone just explain this situation to me”

They both look at each other before turning back to me, Tom looks embarrassed as does Kiera.

“Tom and I, we’re kind of” she stops before looking at Tom to finish the sentence, seriously what is it with my family?

“We’re seeing each other” Tom finally breathes

What? Tom and Kiera? This is a fucking Joke

“W-What” I half say

“It’s been going on for about 3 months now, your dad’s hardly ever home anymore and then one night Tom came round, looking for you and one thing led to another and here we are today” how is she being so calm?

I feel my anger rising but I decide it’s probably best to just walk away now. I look at Tom and shake my head in disgust; I turn on my heel and walk towards Connor, back in the car.

“Where’s Josh?” Connor asks as I get back in the car.

I begin to laugh, the whole situation is like a comedy sketch. Best friend sleeps with hated step mum.

Connor just stares at me like I’ve gone mad, I probably have.

“Tom’s sleeping with Kiera”

He looks at me again, waiting for me to say something else.

“Is he the dad?” Connor asks

Oh my god, Kiera is pregnant, she told me about a month ago or maybe a bit longer, 3 months they’ve been at it. I hope for his sake it’s my dad’s.