Chapter thirty six

*Ava’s POV*

Today was Saturday and apparently Connor had a surprise for me, to be honest I’ve had enough surprises for one week but I’ll listen anyway.

He asked me to meet him at this restaurant down town, so that’s what I’m going to do.

I found a cute little dress in my wardrobe and a beautiful pair of heels and put them on. I’d already curled my hair and done my makeup so I was on time to set off.

 Connor had the car but he told me that Brad or Tris would take me down to the restaurant.

I waited five minutes on the porch before a car pulled up, I didn’t hesitate before opening the door and climbing in.

I turned round to face the driver, which was neither Tristan nor Brad. My dad was sat across, his face was so low and tears covered his cheeks.

“Dad?” I was confused, I knew Connor wouldn’t call him so what’s he doing here?

“Ava, I’m so sorry. I’ve been the worst father in history. I had this dream that you were all grown up, married and had a family of your own, I never went to the wedding because we lost contact.

 I know that I’ll never be able to make up for the lost years but please let me in again, I got rid of that stupid women, Kiera won’t ever be bothering you. I want to take you out tomorrow, just us two and get some coffee?”

I didn’t know what to say, my dad had always been so sweet and he was the one who cared for me the most. However, when my mum died he turned into this sour man that I didn’t even recognise. I’m hoping he means this because I want to mend life with my dad, he’s my only parent.

“Of course, pick me up at twelve” I smiled and leaned across the seat, kissing his cheek. I moved back and got out the car. I noticed that Brad was parked across and I closed my dad’s door before making my way over to his car.

“Hey” Brad greeted once I was seated and buckled up.

“Hello” I smiled

“Who was that?”

“It was my dad” I couldn’t help the smile that was plastered across my face.

“I thought you didn’t like your dad?” he raised an eyebrow

“I didn’t, well obviously I loved him but he dumped his girlfriend and wants to make amends with me for the lost years”

“Ahh, well you’re going to have a good evening tonight”

“I will?” I questioned

“I hope so, Connor has something for you both”

I was debating on if I should announce my pregnancy or not.

“Has Connor told you anything recently?”

“No, why?”

“Just wondering” I smiled

“Should he have?”

“Kinda, I want to tell you but I’m scared how you’re going to react”

“Just go”

“I’m pregnant”

“With Connor’s baby?” he gasped

“I don’t know that part” I huffed.

I don’t want James’s baby, especially how he acted when I told him about my pregnancy.

“Oh, well I’m hoping it’s Connor’s and congratulations”

“Uncle Brad, ey” he laughed

“Sounds good” I agreed

After brad diving into the city and driving round for another ten minutes before we even found the place, I finally made it in.

The interior was beautiful, the tables were all covered in a silver foil that shined in the lighting of the candles. The layout of the restaurant was elegant, it was very big but not cramped at all.

I looked around, trying to find Connor but had no luck so I waited at the desk for someone to help me.

“How may I help?” an Italian accent spoke behind me.

“Hi, I have a reservation. I think the other persons already here. Connor Ball”

“Ah yes, follow me. Mr Ball ordered for the best table in the restaurant” he smiled

Connor was sat on the terrace, it was a private room with only one table in it. He stood when he noticed me and walked my way.

“You look beautiful babe” he kissed me before pulling my chair out.

“What’s all this? It’s so romantic and not like you at all” I laughed, so did he.

“Well, I thought I’d step up my game. We have got a little one on the way” he winked.

“I have a surprise anyway” he cheered

“Okay” I folded my arms and waited for him to tell me.

“I’ve got us two tickets to Florida, we’re going to stay there for two weeks and visit Disney and sea world”

“You’re kidding? Don’t kid” I couldn’t hold my excitement.

As I never had a lot of money growing up, my mum and dad couldn’t afford to go abroad. I never have been on a plane or even stepped out the country, unless Scotland or wales counts.

“I’m being serious, here’s the ticket” he handed them over.

Just as he said, we’re going to Disney!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hey guys, 

i just wanted to thank everyone who votes and comments on my chapters, you guys are amazing!

and i'm noarly at 15K reads, how crazy??

THANK YOU!!

again, i'm sorry i can't update for two weeke but i'll update again when i'm back:)