Chapter Fifty Six

Chapter six-

*Ava's pov*

For the past month, I've had little sleep. Alex has been up and down all night crying, saying he's got these dreams.

Paranormal things creep me out so I always end up having to just get him to sleep with us.

He normally sleeps fine so ever since his dad's come back he's been bad.

He won't tell what the dreams are or who they're about but all I know is he gets freaked out whenever he hears connor's name.

"Mum"

"Alex, if it's these dreams again, go and get in bed, you need to learn to forgot them" It was 2 in the morning, I can not cope with this.

"No, mum, somebody is at the door"

"Oh, what?"

I got up out of bed and woke James up next to me, he got up in a huff and went downstairs to find out who was there.

"Hi, I'm really sorry to disturb you at this time but we've got some bad news, can I come in?" A police officer stood.

I took connor back into his room before walking downstairs to join James.

"We got a call at one this morning, a report that a house had caught fire, we arrived at the scene for ten past and recovered a body, the man is still alive but will be need to be kept under close obviation"

I looked at James, what?

"This man, Connor Ball, hasn't got any family available and when I spoke to him before he asked for his wife and baby, we ask if you could go and see him"

Oh god, why does this happen to me?

I got changed within five minutes and was already in my car, I went on my own because I don't want Alex with me and James will need to stay with him.

I walked up the hospital stairs and into the ward I was told he would be in, he was asleep, turned on his side with burns up the side of his arm.

I felt tears prick my eyes, why was I crying?

I sat myself on the chair next to the bed and waited for him notice me.

After about ten minutes he finally did and turned to me.

"Ava, omg, I'm so sorry, did anybody wake Alex? Who's looking after him?"

"Not exactly how I want to be woken up but it's fine, and James is with him"

"Did you get out the fire fine?"

"What? I wasn't in the fire"

"Yes, we both were, with Alex"

"Connor what are you talking about, I was at my house with James and Alex"

"James?"

"Well he is my boyfriend"

"What, I'm your husband"

"Connor, we broke up, if you remember rightly you cheated on me?"

This was confusing me so much.

"No I didn't, I wouldn't do that to you"

"Well you did, you know we broke up"

"Ava I really don't, we only got married a year ago"

"No it was three years ago"

His face went pale and he turned to me.

"Ava, what's happened to my memory"

I got up from the bed and walked over to the nurse and explained my conversation with Connor and how he'd forgotten everything from the last two years.

She nodded before walking away and taking connor with her.

I sat and waited for an hour or so for him to return, once they did he was crying and ran over to me. I stood up and hugged him.

"I've lost my memory Ava" he cried into my shoulder.

"It's going to be fine"

"But to me, you're my wife, we live together and have a perfect little boy"

"You need to understand that a lot of things have changed since then and you cheated on me and we broke up so I started dating James again, Alex and you don't have a good relationship because you left us for a year and a half without even a phone call, he hates you pretty much and calls james daddy"

He stood and took it all in before putting his fists into balls and punching a wall next to us.

"I've fucked my life up"

I sighed and nodded, he has.