Chapter twenty six

*James POV*

The sound of rain awoke me from my slumber. Ava was leaning against me; a soft snore escaped her mouth. I gently pulled myself from under her and off the bed.

  I pulled my shorts from the floor and on. My top was thrown on the floor after last night and so it was creased, I wasn’t too fussed.

It was still dark outside, the only thing lighting the sky was the moons beam. I checked my phone, glancing at the missed calls from both Brad and Tristan.

I swiped across, unlocking my phone and texting Brad.

‘Hey, I was sleeping. Just woke up, what’s up?’ I sent this to Tristan too before locking my phone and grabbing myself some bread.

I placed the slices into the toaster and waited for them to toast.

After buttering and cutting inhalf, I made my way upstairs. Ava was still asleep. I crept in the bed next to her and began eating.

 My phone flashed before ringing.

“Tris?” I questioned

“Hey”

“What’s up, it’s three in the morning, is everything okay?” I began to panic. They wouldn’t ring multiple times if it was nothing.

“Connor’s stirring, he keeps waking a bit, we need Ava here. You know, to see if she can get him to wake properly?” Connor’s waking up.

“I’ll wake her, I’ll text you when I set off” I told tris before hanging up.

“Ava, baby” she groaned

“Connor’s waking up, we need to go to the hospital”

This must have triggered something because she instantly sat up, turning to me with wide eyes.

“He’s awake?” she questioned

“Not fully, we need you to see if your voice will wake him”

“let’s go”

When we arrived at the hospital, Tristan had come down to meet us. Things are going to be awkward now, Bradley isn’t exactly mine or Ava’s number one fan at the moment.

*Ava’s POV*

My heart was racing, the pressure was all on me. If he didn’t wake to my voice, would he wake at all?

I need Connor to wake, I’ll stop feeling guilty. I just need to hear his voice again. I want to feel his hands entwined with mine. His heart race when we kiss and the feeling of his body rested undermine.

“Ava, go in there. Say something. Anything will do. We’ll be out here so take your time” James said, kissing my head before opening Connor’s door for me.

His lifeless body was led peacefully. His eyes were closed but his body was warm. I was scared, actually no I was terrified.

I sat myself next to his bed, I placed my hands with his and sighed.

“Hey Connor, I’m so sorry I haven’t visited you. I just hate seeing you this way. I wanted to just remember you  by your smile not your body in a hospital bed.

  You’re probably wondering what you’ve missed, well let me explain everything to you.

After our argument, Tom took me home. I was so angry at you. I didn’t even think twice about checking if you were okay.

James called me, he told me about the accident and he came to pick me up. He was so kind.

 After the doctor saying you were unlikely to wake up soon I left, James was kind enough to allow me to stay with him. I couldn’t bare staying at ours, I was missing you too much.

  Since you’ve been gone, theres been an ache in my heart and I’ve tried anything and everything to fix it. that’s when everything started, James and I began to get closer as the days passed. After a couple of weeks we became a thing, it wasn’t awkward and it actually felt good. The ache became less and less. I didn’t understand what we were but now it’s clear. I’m dating James now, I know you’re mad because you haven’t been able to stop it but please just trust me, I’m still going to be here. If you need me to clean the house, I’m a call away. You need help finding your shoes, call me. In fact if you need your shoe laces tying, phone me up.

   God, Connor I miss you. I miss everything we were and I just miss us. Your smile could make my day better just from seeing it. you’re funny without even knowing it and you’re the sweetest boyfriend I’ve had. Just wake up, please Connor if you can hear me wake up” I breathed, I didn’t realise I was crying until I felt the tears splash against my hand.

 I stood, glancing at Connor once more before walking out the door. The boys were all sat against the floor, drinking coffee. James stood once he saw me.

“It’s fine” he comforted me, kissing my head.

“I want him to wake up” I cried into his shirt.

“We all do” Brad said, he surprised me. He walked up to me and hugged me, smiling at me.

“It’s just a waiting game now” Tristan spoke

“It is” I agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you all like the new cover? i love it!

I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes etc

Like and comment:)

what's your favourite part from the book so far?

Twitter: @ColourfulCon