fifty two

*Ava’s POV*

I woke up to the smell of pancakes, normally I’d be happy to wake up to that but not when you get them every single morning.

I walked into my bathroom and had a quick wash, removing some mascara I didn’t take off last night. My hair was messy so I  just ran a brush through it and tied it up in a messy bun.

I pulled on a hoody and walked downstairs.

The kitchen was messy, in fact no, messy was an understatement. The kitchen looked like a bomb had exploded in it. Pots and pans were everywhere, you couldn’t see the worktops due to the pile of flower and three pancakes stuck to the ceiling roof.

I turned to meet James; my face must have made him nervous because he started rubbing the back of his neck, an old habit of his.

“What the hell happened?” I half screamed.

“Well me and Alex were going to make you some breakfast and he accidently dropped some flour”

“This looks more than just dropping some flour”

“Let me explain, he dropped some and started to cry because he thought he would be in trouble so I dropped some and he copied me and eventually this happened” he gestured towards the flour covering everything.

“Well, whilst you clean up, I’m going to go buy some breakfast, enjoy” I sarcastically smiled before heading out the door.

I dove around before I found a quite diner. It looked small but had a welcoming look to it.

I walked in and was instantly greeted with the smell of a full cooked breakfast.

It lingered a while before being replaced with waffles that were being put on the table next to mine.

I ordered myself some of them, hard to resist when they look so good.

My phone began to vibrate next to me so I answered it.

“Hello”

“Ava, hi, it’s erm Connor” oh great.

“What do you want” I didn’t even try to hide my disgust, I just let myself be a stubborn bitch.

“I wanted to just ring and see how Alex is doing”

I laughed, almost spitting out my coffee.

“He’s doing great, actually the fact his father has left him has actually made him stronger, can you believe that” hah.

“Ava, there’s no need”

“Don’t even start, you ruined his life. It wouldn’t surprise me if he forgets who you are on purpose, you really hurt him Connor”

“I know” he sighed

“He’s almost five, he already thinks of you as a dad that left him, what about when he’s a teenager, what will he think of you then? Not that you’ll care, you’ll probably get that slut of yours knocked up in no time”

“Like I did to you” ouch.

“Excuse me”

“You heard” he laughed

“I don’t know what you’re trying to do but whatever it is, stop because you’re just making it harder for you to even see Alex, I may as well just stop you from seeing him, how will you like that” with those final words I hung up.

It’s fine that he did what he did to me, but when he hurts my son, that’s when I get serious. I don’t want anybody hurting Alex, not even me.

After finishing up my meal, I paid the check and left.

“I’m back” I shouted, hoping the kitchen was a little bit cleaner I walked in.

James and Alex were stood, wiping every corner down hundreds of times.

I laughed, it was pretty funny to see this.

“This isn’t funny” James said, sending me the evil eyes.

“Oh trust me it is” I laughed even more.

Alex looked at me, with pleading eyes, begging for me to help him.

“Oh come here” I gestured to them both.

I embraced them both, getting myself covered in flour.

“Let’s clean this up after, Alex you can go play with your toys whilst James and I have a little talk”

“Okay” Alex said before running off upstairs.

“What’s up?” James said, sitting on the stool.

“Connor called”

“Really? What did he want?”

“He didn’t want anything, he rang to see how Alex was so I told him how he was stronger but was really hurt. It ended in me hanging up after saying I might stop him from seeing Alex”

“You’d actually do that?” James raised an eyebrow

“Of course I wouldn’t, it’s just to scare him”

“You probably scared him to death” James said sarcastically, I rolled my eyes.

I went to turn away but James grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

We locked gaze and moved closer, his breath hitched when I attached my lips to his, catching him off guard.

When I pulled away he bit his lip.

“I’m ready to forget him” I admitted.

“I’m glad” James winked.

I smirked before walking back off upstairs to shower and get changed.

 ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

i'm converting all the chapters from missing you onto here