Chapter six

After my date last night, Brad had taken me home. It was pretty late so I went to sleep quite quickly.

   I was currently sat on my bed, trying to pull my shoes on. I needed to go shopping and I figured as it was pretty early it would be quite quiet.

I told my dad I was going before pulling my coat over my shoulders and walking out the door. The big supermarket near me was only about three minutes to walk so I didn’t need to get a bus.

The car park to the shop was surprisingly busy, I was annoyed with this. I got myself a trolley and dug the list of what I needed from my bag. 

 ‘ Milk, bread, butter, chicken, soap and deodorant ‘

I read my list over once before setting around the store to gather my things. I picked up the milk and walked around the corner.

  I was hit, knocking me to the floor and spilling the milk all down me. “Oh god, I’m such a dick” The person put their hand out for me. I looked up.

“Connor” I breathed

“Shit, Ava, I didn’t know it was you” he knelt down next to me and pulled me up. I embraced him before pecking his lips.

“Thanks” I smiled

“Spilling something down you once, that’s bad enough but twice, it must be fate” he laughed

“I had fun on our date” I spoke

“Me too, you should come over later?” He offered

“I will”

“I wish I could see you every second, you’re my girlfriend and I need to have you with me”

“I know what you mean, I guess we’ll have to wait” I sighed

“I don’t like waiting”

 “Connor, oh hey ava” brad walked down the aisle holding jame’s jacket in one hand

“Have you seen James, he ran off somewhere”

“I haven’t, Ava?” Connor answered

“Nope, sorry”

Connor helped me with my shopping before walking me to the exit of the shop.

“I want to come with you, then I’ll drive you to mine? Please” he begged

“I don’t see why not” I laughed

“Great” he put his hand with mine and we walked back to his car.

I looked at the clock just above the dashboard, just after 10:30. My stomach rumbled, signing I was hungry. Before I could ask Connor to pull into McDonalds he put the right indicator on and parked his car. He turned to me.

“I was hungry” he stated.

We both got out the car and hurriedly entered the building. After using the toilets and ordering our meals I picked up the try containing both mine and Connors food and walked to the table. He smiled whilst grabbing his and beginning to eat.

  Once we were both full, we headed back to his car and headed home. Well my home.

  I quickly grabbed all I needed for the night and next day. My father was still sleeping but Kiera was sat in the kitchen.

“I’m staying out, text me when to be home tomorrow” I smiled at her before exiting the room, then the house.

Connor was lent against the car, waiting for me to return. He looked up and smiled. Stepping away and pulling the passenger door open for me to climb in. I thanked him and buckled my belt.

   “My apartments a bit, messy” he slowly stated. I laughed.

“I’m sure it’s fine” he leant over and pecked my cheek, causing me to blush a little.

  As we pulled into the driveway, Connor shut the car off and hoped out.  I was in awe as I unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out the car. The house in front of my stood three stories high and was painted as though it had been built out of beige wood. The roof was mostly flat except for the slight slant it had and there were so many windows, it was likely that passing cars if they slowed down enough would be able to glance and see right in. The lawn was as green as it could be and the front door had a rocky pathway leading up to it.

 As Connor led me up the path and inside the open door I was pleasantly surprised as the inner décor was slightly toned down. The outside of the house looked as if it had cost a lot of money but the inside looked like my own home.   

  We both sat inside his living room and stared at one another. He began to laugh and soon after so did i. we both fell to the floor and landing on top of each other.

   Connor’s face was directly above mine. He was lying on top of me still laughing.

“This is the quickest I’ve had a girl under me” he winked. I playfully squatted his arm and laughed.