Chapter forty six

“Connor we don’t have to do this, turn the car around and you can just help me on your own” the tears were coming faster and panic began to rise in me.

“I’m taking you to see professional people, who can actually help you, I don’t want you suffering in silence, if you won’t talk to me about it then I have to do this”

“You don’t, please, they’ll lock me in there. I won’t come out and you and I know that this baby means a lot to us and if I’m locked in some stupid mental ward then it won’t see me for a long time”

He stopped the car and sighed, truning to me.

“You won’t be put on a ward Ava, just stop being so nieve and let me help you for once”

“It’s easy for you to say, you haven’t been here before, you haven’t had to deal with that same stupid question, how are you feeling today? I had to lie for a full twelve months before I could be let free again, even then they were everywhere I went, checking up on me”

“What makes you so sure about that, you don’t even know my past. Have you noticed how I avoid that topic? I’m trying to help you because I have been there before, I was in a ward, I was in there for a very long time too, so don’t rush to think nobody else hurts”

“I’m sorry I didn’t know-“

“Just leave It okay, if you don’t want help then fine”

He turned the car around, my heart finally stopped beating so fast.

“Thank you” I whispered

He’s been back home for two months, he decided that since he saw me in the bathroom he couldn’t trust me to be on my own, so he quit the tour. The rest of the boys are still doing it but they won’t speak to Connor, he’s tried to reach out to them but they won’t listen. He doesn’t want to tell them what happened but I don’t blame him.

Once we got back to the house he carried my bags back into the house, saying nothing to me while doing so.

“Con” I walked up to him, trying to grab something he was carrying to help.

“You’re not helping Ava, just go back inside”

I did just that, I knew that when he opened up to me ever, I needed to give him space. He doesn’t do it often so I don’t want to push him.

I stood in the hallway, staring at the empty rooms. Only one room was occupied and another three unfilled. Soon it would be two occupied.

I couldn’t help my thoughts wonder into what my life will be like in four months’ time. I’ll have a baby to look after.

I’ve got a lot of things to sort before then, I need a job, decorate the room and basically baby proof the whole house.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Connor came behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

“I was just thinking about how things will change”

He laughed, god his laugh was perfect.

“Things will be a lot different around here”

“They sure will”

Before the conversation could go any further my phone began to ring.

“Hello?”

“Hey Ava, it’s James”

“James? What do you want?”

Connor turned back to me and stared waiting to listen in, he was obviously upset that he could be bothered to call me but not him.

“I was thinking, since you’re having my baby, shouldn’t we talk about custody and everything”

“Woah, James slow down, there’s a chance it’s yours but it’s more likely to be Connor’s. But no still, I’m the mother so I’ll have full custody. You can see it when you want as long as it’s fine with me”

“You can’t do that”

“I think you’ll find I can, and I will”

“I could take you to court”

“Go for it, I know a great lawyer actually”

“Well, if it’s mine, you better call them”

With that he hung up, sly bitch.

“What was that all about?”

“James wants full custody of the baby if it’s his, it’s not happening”

I wouldn’t let him do that, he couldn’t, right?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

such a bad update i'm sorry guys x