Chapter Sixty One

*Connor’s POV*

She pulled away, obviously regretting her move. Her gaze turned to the person behind me. I followed it until I faced with an angry James. He looked me over and turned on his heel. Ava stood up and went after him.

 I knew it was too good to be true, she wouldn’t want to kiss me really? She’s just fixing her pain with love and although I’d let her use me, I can’t let her do that to herself. She’s not that type of girl.

I walked out of the ward I was in and into Alex’s. He was in a special room, always under watchful eyes. I opened the door and the doctor turned in my direction, giving me a wave.

“How’s he doing?” I tried to forget the last moments and conserntrate on my son.

“He’s actually doing really well, the computers are showing the rays from his brain and how many times he’s alert but not awake, it’s become more frequent today, that’s a good thing” the doctor placed a hand on my shoulder, I smiled.

“What does this mean?”

“It means that there is a reason to believe he will recover, it takes time but we have your number on speed dial, you can go home Connor. If he wakes at any point we will call you straight away, I promise” I nodded before walking over to Alex.

  His hands were pale, skinny and bony. But his hands were still his hands, warm and his skin was soft. I placed my hands in his and I held them tight, trying to reach him.

“Alex, if you can hear me, I want you to know that I love you. I’m sorry for being such a shit father to you. And if your mum was here now she’d probably shout at me for swearing but she isn’t so fuck it” I chuckled.

“When you were born, I was so happy. Me and your mum had just got married and she looked beautiful in her dress, even though she was heavily pregnant. You were so cute as a baby, you’re still cute now, you’re special Alex, so special and  wouldn’t want a different son, not in a million years. If you die on me, I’ll have to ground you. So please, wake up” I huffed.

I felt a hand go on my back, I turned around and Ava was stood there. She was holding a bunch of flowers, she walked round his bed and placed them in the vase next to him. I smiled at how caring she was.

 Once she was done she walked back round the bad and sat in front of Alex, facing me. She pulled me by my collar and kissed me.

“You’re right, no matter how hard I try, I’ll never not love you” she breathed.