Prologue: The Death Of Hope

The sky was darkening. Everyone in Disney Town, who were a safe distance away, were looking upwards, as small dots appeared in the sky, seeming to head towards their direction! Queen Minnie instantly felt a shiver down her spine...she knew that this was an ill omen. She looked towards Daisy, Chip and Dale, and the few other citizens who survived from the chaos that had decimated their homes, and she couldn't help but feel despair. She stood there, powerless, unable to do anything to comfort them. She was too scared...she didn't know what to do now. She clasped her hands together as a tear rolled down her cheek, and through soft, whispered sobs, she started to pray.

"Oh Mickey...wherever you are, please be safe! I fear something terrible is about to happen!" she said to herself softly, and then she felt a hand on her shoulder, and when she glanced back, it was Daisy, who was standing by her side.

"Minnie, we have to get our people to safety. I'm pretty sure that whatever those things in the sky are can't be anything good!" she urged as she glanced back at everyone. The Queen sighed.

"B-but what can we do, Daisy? I'm scared...I-I don't know what to tell everyone! What should we tell them?" she asked in distress. Daisy gave a compassionate and sad expression and she slightly tensed.

"We'll tell them that it'll all be okay...we need to give our people hope! As long as King Mickey and the others are alive, things will turn out okay!" Daisy answered, and Minnie smiled momentarily, but then her smile faded into a frown.

"Daisy...I need you to get everyone to safety..." the Queen said, and Daisy raised her eyebrow.

"Wait...what about you?" she asked, worrying at what the Queen's answer would be. Suddenly, Cid came running towards them, panting and sweating, as though he had been running for miles. The Queen then turned around to face him.

"Your Majesty, the airship is ready! I finished all the modifications as fast as I could! We're ready to leave!" he said in between huffs, and the Queen nodded.

"Good...now take everyone, and get as far away from here as you can! Find somewhere safe for everyone!" the Queen commanded, and Cid nodded sadly.

"Yes, your Majesty...now come on everyone, let's go, follow me!" Cid urged as he ran towards the airship, and everyone else followed suit, until only Daisy remained. Tears were forming in her eyes.

"You're not coming with us...are you?" she asked, and the Queen, walking towards her and holding her hands, nodded sadly.

"No, I am not. Daisy, you need to take care of everyone in my stead! I'll try to hold off whatever those things are! I need to do this...for our people." she said with ironclad determination. Daisy huffed and tapped her foot.

"N-No, I can't accept this! I won't leave without you!" she said, pleading for the Queen to come. But the Queen simply hugged her lifelong friend, trying to hold her tears, and then she pulled away, holding her hands.

"My dearest friend Daisy, you don't know how much I've cherished our friendship together for all these years! We've been on so many adventures together, and we've been through good times and bad times! Throughout the years, I've cherished all the moments we've been able to spend time together! There's nothing I value more than our friendship! That's why I'm asking you to please lead our people! I know this will be hard road for you, but with time, you'll be able to manage things without me...but please don't try to stop me. My heart is commanding me to do this, and I will not waver. Please, as my lifelong friend, fulfill my request!" the Queen pleaded, trying persistently hard to hold back her tears. Daisy remained silent for a few moments, and then she nodded slowly, also holding back her tears, and with a look of determination on her face.