Chapter Thirty Nine: The Sword Decides

Clear morning sunlight pierced through a small hole in a thick curtain. It was like a small beam of light that was shining through the darkness of Kasai and Kaen's house. The first to take notice of this light was Ethan, who woke up with a yawn and stretched his arms. He was in the living room, for he had decided to stay asleep in the couch. He stood up and saw the veiled curtain, and the small hole from which the light was piercing through! He looked at the light, and then he thought to himself that it's most probably morning. He was going to move the curtains to the side to make way for daylight, but he knew that this wasn't his house, so he waited for Kasai or Kaen to come around. And so, he sat down on the couch he had slept on, and a few minutes later, Dawn came down, her eyes still half closed! She yawned and then looked at Ethan and sat down beside him.

"So, I'm assuming we're the early birds this morning?" she asked drowsily. Ethan nodded.

"It would appear so. You'd think that Kasai would be awake. Heck, I thought Kaen would be awake, but it seems as though they're still sleeping. We'll just have to wait until they wake up." he mentioned. Just then, the door in front of them slammed open, and they were startled! The light coming from outside temporarily blinded them, but when their vision adjusted, they noticed that Kasai and Kaen were the ones who had opened the door!

"Wake up, sleepyheads! You've been taking your time dozing off! It's almost midday, so get your butts in gear!" the young man said, quite energetic and cheerful! Ethan and Dawn nodded.

"We'll, we're already awake. Kairi's the only one still sleeping!" Ethan said. Kaen shook his head and pointed outside.

"Princess Of Heart outside..." he said. At that, Ethan and Dawn felt a bit embarassed!

"Aw, it's okay, no need to feel ashamed! I sometimes doze off and wake up late too! Don't worry about it! But you should go outside though! Your friend's gonna need all the support she can get!" Kasai mentioned. At that, Dawn tilted her head.

"Support? What do you mean?" she asked. Kaen crossed his arms and leaned his back on the doorway. He looked to where Kairi was, which was a short distance off.

"She and Lilith will fight..." he replied. At that, Ethan and Dawn opened their eyes and jaws wide!

"What!?" they both asked in unison!

"You heard right, sleepyheads! Your friend plans on challenging Lilith! Pretty gutsy, if you ask me!" Kasai remarked. At that, Ethan and Dawn didn't hesítate and quickly ran outside!

Once outside, they noticed that a great numerous number of people were gathered round! Most of them were knights, but a few of them were regular townsfolk! More were coming by the second, for it seemed that this challenge Kairi had declared to Lilith was quite the buzz! Murmurs of "Is she crazy?" or "The Princess Of Heart is done for..." could be heard, alongside other such comments like "Poor lass..." and "Lilith wil win for sure!" All of these comments were worrisome, for it seemed that the battle was going to take place! And so, Ethan and Dawn made it a point to traverse through the crowd of people as fast as they could! Eventually, they made their way to Kairi, and she was standing on a large, square, almost arena-like space! She held Keyblade in hand, and she looked determined! She seemed to have noticed Ethan and Dawn, for she glanced back for a moment to look at them. They quickly made their way to her, and they looked at her with surprise!

"I thought we were going to try this the peaceful way!" Dawn exclaimed!

"Kairi, what on earth do you think you're doing? We don't have time to be getting into fights here! Our friends are waiting for us!" Ethan declared!