Chapter Seventeen: High Above The Clouds

Dexeres was still trying to figure it all out. The silver haired woman had captured him and his friends, and now, the airship fleet was high above the sky! They still hadn't been brought above decks, so they were literally in the dark! Ever since their capture, they had been forced to stay in one of the prison cells, awaiting for anything to happen! Two guards were posted outside their cell, and they never left the Keyblade Wielders alone for a single minute! Every now and then, the silver haired woman would come down to inspect them, and sometimes, she'd stay and stare at Dexeres for a long while before heading above decks. Dexeres was now quite desperate, and he wanted nothing more than to get out, but, as things currently stood, getting out would recquire a considerable ruckus! Vanitas stood up and walked towards Dexeres, leaning his back on the cell bars, and he gave out a soft sigh.

"Well, looks like we've gotten ourselves into another fine mess, wouldn't you say?" he asked, trying to ligthen the mood. Dexeres chuckled grimly.

"Heh, fine mess, you say? More like catastrophic disaster..." he answered.

"That may be the case...but hey, this could also come to our advantage, you know? There may be something in this old airship that'll help things tide over for us...we just have to keep a close eye on our surroundings." he whispered, making sure that the guards wouldn 't hear him.

"You have a point...let's just hope an opportuniy presents itself." Dexeres stated. With that, they both gave a nod to each ohter, and Vanitas sat back down on the floor.

But, something he knew he had to do was try to see if he could knock some sense into the silver haired woman! Now that this opportunity had presented itself, he had to take it! He needed to know why she was working with whoever she was working, and he wanted, no, he needed to make her snap out of it! He could still feel that little bit of light emanating from her! It was faint, but it was there! He looked at the guards, who remained still and silent as ever, and then he looked around, trying to see if there was any sort of opening around the prison cell. But, unfortunately, there was no such opening. He then sat down with the others. Most of them were asleep, and the only ones awake were Vanitas, Gilgamesh and Kairi. He sighed as he looked at them, and they looked at him. Gilgamesh gave out a soft chuckle, and he crossed his arms.

"Worry not, young warrior. We'll make it out of this situation yet! Don't lose heart and stay strong!" he proclaimed! Dexeres nodded.

"Oh, I don't plan on giving up...we will get out of here...it's just a matter of when." Dexeres replied. Kairi looked at the guards and then looked at her hands.

"I wonder if Sora, Donald, Goofy and Xion are doing okay...?" she asked, feeling a bit disheartened. Vanitas scoffed and shook his head.

"Oh, wherever they are, I'm sure they're just fine. It's all a matter of finding them as soon as possible. But don't worry, we'll find them." he reassured, and at that, Kairi smiled.

"You know what, Vanitas? You're right!" she said, as she felt a bit more confident! Just then, some strong footsteps were heard coming from above decks, and everyone woke up! In a matter of seconds, someone could be seen coming down to where they were! When they saw who it was, they all opened there eyes wide in shock! It was a guard, holding none other than Trish by the arm! She looked weak and defeated. They could tell that all the fight she had in her had been spent. It was a sad sight to see...a sight the Keyblade Wielders had to endure!

As soon as the cell doors opened, the guard flung her inside, and she almost fell face flat to the floor, but thankfully, Mickey sprung up and catched her just in time! The guards could be heard chuckling, and at that, the other Keyblade Wielders glared at them with great anger! They then all gathered around Trish, who was barely concscious! Tears were filling up her eyes, for apparently, she couldn't believe what she was seeing! She gasped in between sobs and reached to touch Mickey's face, and she coughed slightly and looked at everyone.