Chapter Sixteen: A Way Out

"Hey...hey kid, wake up! Kid...don't you go dying on me now!"

"W-what?" Kyle whispered as his eyes slowly opened. At first, his vision was blurry, but then, it adjusted itself, and that's when Kyle saw the Underminer and Braig! The Underminer seemed to be busy working on something, while Braig was looking at Kyle with quite the smirk on his face!

"Wait...why aren't I dead...?" Kyle asked, noticing that he still had the bullet wound that Braig had inflicted on him! Braig chuckled softly and then crossed his arms, leaning his back against the wall.

"That's simple! I hit you just in the right spot on purpose! I didn't actually aim to kill you, ya know! But, I had to set an example so your little buddies with the red suits over there would stay down. They tried to put up a fight, but it was no use, and now here they are, tied up, just like you!" Braig explained as he looked at him amusingly. Kyle quickly looked at Raxon, Sky and the Incredibles, and they remained silent, with their heads bowed down, looking at the floor! They were forced to remain still, unable to stop what was happening! And then Kyle noticed Dash, tied up apart from the others. It didn't look like he had sustained injuries, but he was terrified!

"What are you going to do to us...?" Raxon spoke all of a sudden. He raised his head and directly looked at Braig with a challenging glare! Sky also raised his head and remained glaring at Braig!

"Whoa ho, is it just me, or is it just a strange twist of fate that I always have to meet people that have the same exact look like those other morons?" he asked as he chuckled.

"Answer the question..." Raxon replied, growling under his breath!

"Well, rather than have me explaining things, I think my buddy Underminer here would do a better job explaining!" Braig said sarcastically, and the Underminer chuckled, walking towards Kyle, Raxon and Sky, and looking at each of them individually.

"Heh, you three seem to be more powerful than the Incredibles themselves! Which is most interesting...but anyways, I have no business with you! My main concern here is that stupid family of Supers, and I'll see to it that they have a..."great" time here in my domain! Braig here will be in charge of taking care of you three! I'm sure he's got some plans for you, and I will happily let him have his way! After all, he helped me get the Incredibles trapped here, so it's only fitting I leave you three to him! Anyways, I am on a tight schedule, so I'm going to resume my work!" the Underminer said, as he walked off towards a nearby table, where he seemed to be crafting something! Kyle felt weak and felt his eyes closing again, but he managed to stay conscious, and then, he looked at Raxon and Sky, who didn't dare so much as look at him! Then, he took a closer look at Braig!

As he looked at him, he noticed that he had a red scarf wrapped around his neck, and he had what seeme to be a mix of a soldier's uniform and clothes you'd wear if you were a survivor in a wasteland! His clothing definitely reflected his personality, and weapon of choice: the arrow gun! He had one clenched in his right hand, and he seemed to be inspecting it! Kyle also noticed that Braig had an eye patch covering his right eye, and a scar running through quite a bit of his face! His eyes were a bright yellow, and his grin was very sinister. Braig noticed Kyle looking at him, and then he gave out a smirk.