Chapter Thirty Eight: Valkyrie

With Sora and Riku having gone to the Realm Of Sleep and Dexeres and the others to the tomb that housed the dandelions, Kairi was left to go seek Lilith Valkyrie, to see if she could convince her to join their side and put a stop to Jexana once and for all! She had managed to convince her to stop her invasion of Arendelle, and if anything, that showed Kairi that Lilith was willing to listen to reason! And so Kairi left on this perilous journey, alongside Dawn and Ethan, who wished to accompany her! Kairi made no complaint, and allowed them to tag along! They had already entered through a portal to go seek Lilith and her Knights Of Ygdrassil, but the thing that would prove difficiult would be to actually locate them! They were moving from world to world, so it was difficult to pinpoint their exact location! It had already been quite some time since Kairi, Dawn and Ethan had left Alaya's temple, and the fact that they still hadn't found any trace of Lilith or her troops stressed them out quite a bit!

"This is proving to be troublesome...no signs of them yet..." Ethan commented, as they went through the other side of the portal and arrived at what seemed to be some industrial site!

"Where could they possibly be?" Dawn asked, as she looked around at the iron walls and constructions that were here and there. The air was thick with smoke and the scorching smell of burnt ash! Kairi was looking around, and she was cautious about where she stepped! She glanced back at the others and signaled them with her hand.

"We have to be careful...we don't know where we are right now...so we have to keep our eyes open...something about this place doesn't sit well with me..." Kairi mentioned, as she stepped over a small crack that was on the ground. Dawn and Ethan followed quietly, and they traversed the industrial site for quite a bit. It wasn't until a few minutes later that they came upon what seemed to be a platform! It was quite a considerably big platform, possibly an overlook, as it gave a clear view of the land before them! But what lay beyond was a dark precipice, along with dark mountains...it wasn't a pretty picture at all...

"What sort of world do you suppose we ended up on?" Ethan asked, seriously starting to wonder just where the heck were they!

"I'm not sure...but I can feel a presence here...though I can't tell if it's friendly or unfriendly..." Kairi answered.

"Well, if the portal led us here, it must have been for a reason! Maybe Lilith and her troops are here?" Dawn suggested. Kairi shook her head.

"No, that's not right. They may travel world to world, but I seriously doubt they'd take to this place as their headquarters...they seem more of the kind of people that would have a fortress of some sort..." Kairi explained. Dawn and Ethan agreed with Kairi's words, as they were reasonable.

Seeing as though they had nothing more to do in the platform they were in, they decided to head elsewhere. They noticed a steep hill that led downwards, and there seemed to be something at the bottom! The three Keyblade Wielders went down this steep hill to investigate, and when they reached the bottom, they saw what appeared to be an abandoned village! And it looked like it had been abandoned for quite some time! The houses were in decay, and some of them were outright destroyed! Rubble and debris lay everywhere, and there were some unstable structures looming here and there. It unsettled the Keyblade Wielders, and even though they had a bad feeling about this, they went through the abandoned village, very cautiously.

"I wonder what happened to this village?" Dawn asked, as she felt a tinge of sadness, seeing all these homes destroyed. She wondered about all the people that might have lived here once.

"We might not want to focus on that right now..." Ethan remarked. Dawn looked at him quizzically.

"What do you mean?" she asked. Ethan then pointed towards the horizon, and in small clearing, around some debris, there seemed to be something moving! Immediately, the Keyblade Wielders summoned forth their Keyblades and then they quickly hid! They stealthily moved among the rubble, making sure not to catch any attention from anything that might be nearby! As they got closer to the clearing, they noticed the thing that was moving! It was an Unborn! And it seemed to be quite a rare specimen, too! It looked like a humanoid, but it had elongated arms with bestially clawed hands and small legs! It had blazing red eyes, and the center of its body looked as though it was composed of some toxic material! The Keyblade Wielders looked at each other uneasily, and they silently debated over what they should do. Not knowing what would happen if this Unborn were to be provoked, Ethan threw a rock at the far side of the clearing, to see if it could get the Unborn's attention! When he flung the rock, it hit a small garbage can, and the Unborn quickly perked itself up and remained still, almost as if listening for anything else that might be in the surrounding vicinity!