Chapter Thirty Seven: In An Age Long Past

The orb of light floated silently around Dexeres, Vanitas, Gilgmaesh and Xion. It had told them that there was something they should know regarding the army they were about to set free, but the orb hadn't said anything yet. It only floated slowly and silently around them. Dexeres crossed his arms.

"So, what is it that you wish to tell us?" he asked. The orb of light suddenly flickered a bit, and then it raised itself until it floated at the center of the statue of the cloaked woman! It remained there for a bit before speaking.

"The army you are about to set free is not any army. I'm sure that you've been told about how powerful this army is..." the orb stated. Dexeres nodded.

"Yes. The letter I received states that the enemy was greatly seeking this power. But we got to it first, so luckily, it won't fall into the wrong hands." He answered. The orb blinked and floated in place.

"Ah, then you have heard mention of the power of this army then...but that only means that you know very little. I must tell you what this army is, and what it's capable of..." the orb replied.

"Then please, tell us, what is this army?" Gilgamesh asked. There was a sudden silence that loomed for a bit, and the others remained silent, not uttering a single word.

"This army ranges back to the first ever Keyblade War...the war that was waged in the Age Of Fairy Tales..." the orb uttered. At that, the others opened their eyes wide in shock!

"What!? You're saying that this army is from that time period!? But, isn't their burial ground the Keyblade Graveyard?" Xion asked, surprised by this! The orb blinked.

"While the Keyblade Graveyard does house an inummerable amount of Keyblades that once belonged to Keyblade Wielders such as yourselves, the army buried here never actually fought in the war...rather, they were kept away from it." the orb explained.

"So, warriors that never fought in the Keyblade War, huh? Mind telling us why?" Vanitas asked, interested by the topic.

"Of course, I shall tell you." the orb answered. "You see, during the Age Of Fairy Tales, the worlds were united and strong, one world with one sky. The people of that time lived in harmony, and they loved the light which Kingdom Hearts so generously gave...but, as you know, people started fighting over the light, and that's when darkness was born...and it was so much that the in-fighting between the people caused a great calamity known as the Keyblade War..." the orb grimly explained.

"Yeah, okay, we know that nugget of history, so we get that. But where does this army fit in?" Vanitas asked, rudely interrupting! The orb simply remained floating in place before speaking again.

"Well, I shall get to that, young warrior." the orb answered. "Anyways, as I was saying, the Keyblade War wrought great destruction to the world...and it was because of a great misunderstanding between five individuals...Ava, Ira, Aced, Gula and Invi. They were the Foretellers, leaders of groups called Unions, whose goal was to gather the light from the worlds and ensure that darkness would not have its way. All of them fought for the same purpose, but had different goals. But they didn't see each other as enemies. Not immediately, anyway." the orb mentioned. "But then, rumor started about a traitor among the Foretellers, one whom would bring disaster to the order and peace that prospered back in the day. And so, that unsettled the Foretellers, and they kept themselves with their guard up. While they claimed they were on the same page, they each suspsected each other, and as such, great mistrust grew between them..." the orb explained. The others remained silent, prompting the orb to continue its tale!