Epilogue: A New Beginning

A Healing Hand

Ten years have passed since the Keyblade Wielders faced Jexana and ended the threat that would have destroyed all of existence! In these ten long years, peace has come and washed over all worlds and universes, bringing about an era of true peace and tranquility, one that was justly earned! While all the worlds that had been swallowed by the darkness during the war could not return, Alaya proveyed sanctuary to all the homeless people that had no worlds to turn to! And in turn, the people gratefully repaid her kindness, even though she insisted it was alright! She, along with Pete, Yen Sid, Kosaku and Lilith, were searching for new homes for the homeless ,so they could be able to live out happy lives! Alaya looked upward towards the sky. The sun was shining bright, and sweat was rolling down her brow. She smiled and then looked at her friends, and they all nodded in unison. They had work to do!

A Kingdom Reborn

During all this time, Mickey and Minnie, along with Donald and Goofy, returned to the ruins of their old home, along with Daisy and the other inhabitants, and with time, they took to rebuilding their once glistening kingdom! It took hard work, and it was no easy task, but thanks to the Keyblade Wielders helping out, Mickey and Minnie were able to see their home restored again! After the kingdom had been restructured, the town was full of people, all with smiles on their faces! Not just the townsfolk, but people from other worlds were visiting as well, taking in the sights! Goofy was leading a squad of knights towards the town square, and his son Max was tagging along behind him, fully suited and ready to serve as a Knight as well! Donald, in the meantime, was having a tough time trying to make the magical brooms obey him! Mickey and Minnie laughed, and they looked at each other and held each other's hands. After all the fighting, peace had finally been attained. And it's one they'd hope would last forever!

New Horizons

A strong gust of wind was picking up on what seemed to be a desert! A sandstorm would be kicking up soon! The gusts only became stronger, and soon, someone could be seen running along the sand dunes! A little further ahead, the person stopped, and then turned around and waved their hand!

"Hey! Wait up!" Riku shouted, who seemed to be far behind!

"Pfft, you people are such slowpokes! Come on, we have to get to the other side of this desert if we want to find that village!" Vanitas said, as he then turned around anew and kept running forward! Riku tried to keep up, but panted and shook his head.

"I swear, why did we agree to come with him again?" he asked aloud.

"Because he wants to see the sights! Ha, are you becoming tired, old man?" Dawn teased with a smirk. Her hair was shorter now, and it made her look quite adorable! Riku scoffed and ran a hand through his scruffy hair, which was slightly longer now.

"Old man? Now that's an insult! Alright, you're on! Last one to get to Vanitas eats sand!" Riku said, as he darted towards Vanitas! Dawn laughed and shook her head and ran behind him!

"You're such a kid!" she shouted! They both laughed, and Vanitas, who was further ahead of them, smirked.

"Pfft, these idiots." he thought, but then shook his head. "Wouldn't have 'em any other way." he assured himself.

A Happy Family

The sun was shining bright upon Radiant Garden. On the outskirts of the city, upon a beautiful meadow surrounded by dense forests, many familes were gathered, having picnics and celebrating birthdays or anniversaries and whatnot! There was a lake by the side of the forest, and Raxon had sat on a bench, seeing if he could fish for a prize! Sky was hovering above the water, trying to spot any fish for Raxon to catch!

Kyle, on the other hand, was under the shade of a giant tree, and he was holding hands with someone!

"So, do you feel okay?" he asked. The woman who was with him, who turned out to be Elina, a Dandelion, smiled.

"I told you Kyle, I'm fine!" she answered with a smile! Kyle blushed.

"Hey, just wanted to make sure!" he said in defense! Elina giggled.

"I know, I know!" she replied. "I mean, after all, we Dandelions were destined to fade away after the war was over...but thanks to the Child of Kingdom Hearts, we were able to remain in the Realm Of Light, to live the lives we hadn't been able to. And I'm really happy we who survived got this chance. I'm really happy that I've been able to see the world, to experience so many things! Thank you so much, Kyle, for being there for me!" she said shyly. Kyle chuckled.

"Hey, that's what I'm here for. I love you." he said. She smiled at him.

"I love you too." she tenderly replied, and they kissed lovingly under the tree. Then, they heard what seemed to be childish giggling! They then glanced behind the tree they were standing under, and saw two pairs of glimmering eyes!

"Hmm, I wonder who's there...?" Kyle asked sarcastically. One of the children giggled and squealed in excitement!

"Eek, he's onto us! Make a run for it!" one of them said, who sounded like a little boy.

"Haha, run!!!" the other voice said, sounding like that of a little girl's!

"Kibo, Yume, I'm gonna getcha!!!" Kyle said as he then extended his arms like a dinosaur and roared, making the two children squeal in delight and make a run for it! Kyle stopped for a moment and looked at Elina and smiled. He then walked towards her and held her hand.

"This is a beginning we all needed. One that we'd be able to enjoy. One we'd be able to live in. And I'm glad things turned out okay." he said. Elina nodded.

"Yeah, that's right!" she replied! She then looked past Kyle's shoulder and pointed forward! "Oh, look!"

Kyle then turned around, and saw a little girl, probably about the same age as Kibo and Yume, who was running straight towards Kyle, and then she stopped just a short distance away from him! She almost tripped, but managed to balance herself and ensure she didn't fall! She then tilted her and pointed at Kyle.

"Big bwother, mommy and daddy are gonna start eating without us!" the little girl exclaimed! Kyle then knelt till he was head to head with the little girl and smiled.

"Uh oh, that's terrible! We can't have that, am I right?" Kyle asked.

"Nuh uh!" the little girl agreed.

"Well, then let's go before they eat up our dinner, Irene! I'll race ya!" he said. Irene nodded and had a determined face!

"You're on!" she replied! Kyle then glanced back at Elina.

"Will you do the honors?" he asked. Elina bowed.

"Gladly!" she replied, and then she raised her hand! "On your marks. Get set....go!" she shouted as she waved down her hand, and Kyle and Irene began to race towards Ventus and Trish, and Elina ran behind them, along with Kibo and Yume! They all laughed along the way, and within a few minutes, they were at a small opening in the meadow, where Sora, Kairi, Ventus and Trish were, just about to start eating!

"About time you showed up, guys! Come on, let's eat!" Sora said! Raxon and Sky soon came after, and sat down with the others.

"Well, let's dig in, shall we?" Ventus asked, and so, everyone sat down to eat, as they enjoyed their picnic together!

This peace had been worth all the pain, all the suffering. It was all worthwhile!

--------------------------------------------------------------

RECONNECTED

KINGDOM HEARTS