Chapter Forty Eight: Owari Part 8: Doomsday

For just a brief second, everyone felt a very heavy air of tension, as Jexana loomed over them, and now, she seemed as omnipotent as ever, and she was going to deliver some serious hurt their way! But the Keyblade Wielders were ready. Everything had led up to this! There was no way that they were going to back down now, and if they were to fall here, then they'd do so by going down with a fight! And then, it began! Each of the Keyblade Wielders used the environment to their advantage, either tryign to get close to Jexana, or finding good spots to take cover when she lashes out! Jexana didn't even move from where she was, as all she was doing was sending forth gigantic golden pulsewaves that emanated from the palm of her left hand! The pulsewaves turned giant chunks of earth into dust, and giant floating boulders into rubble! It was clear that this pulsewave should be avoided at all costs!

Vanitas jumped from boulder to boulder, trying to get close enough to deal damage! As soon as he was within striking range, he dashed forward, and Jexana turned around and struck him! But instead of writhing with pain, Vanitas remained static! Jexana cursed under her breath and knew what this meant!

"Too slow!" Vanitas commented, coming from above, slamming himself down towards Jexana, managing to strike her, forming a gash that ran down her back! But just seconds later, her wound healed! Vanitas couldn't understand it! "How is it that she keeps healing herself like this? Every time that we take her down, she just comes back...how can we kill her off permanently?" Vanitas thought to himself, but was then cut short, for Jexana's strikes demanded his attention! As they both clashed, sparks emanated from their Keyblades! Jexana then cast a dark version of Megaflare, and Vanitas was almost engulfed by the flames, when Minnie came and cast Reflega!

"Don't worry, I've got your back!" the little queen said, as she glanced at Vanitas with a smile! He nodded!

"Right! Thanks for the save!" he replied, but then he grabbed Minnie and then used one of the floating boulders to propell himself away from Jexana, as she summoned forth a giant scythe of darkness out of thing air, and swung it in a wide arc!

"We have to keep our distance from her!" Vanitas said. "Think of how to take her down as we go!" he suggested!

"Right! Let's keep at it!" Minnie said, and so, the two of them started casting spells to try to divert Jexana's attention from the others!

Mickey, in the meantime, was shattering as many boulders as he could, breaking them into small fragments! Donald and Goofy helped as well, with Donald casting multiple Blizzaga spells that made shattering the boulders much easier! Goofy hurled his shield and it ricocheted against quite a few of the boulders! When enough were destroyed, Mickey landed on a floating piece of earth, and then Donald and Goofy followed!

"We did it, your Majesty! We broke those boulders!" Goofy said!

"But, uh...what was the point of doing that?" Donald asked. Mickey glanced at the two of them.

"So you can cast your Firaga spell on these shattered pieces of rock, Donald! We're making them into tiny meteors!" the little king explained!

"Ah, I get it! Alright, let's do this!" Donald said, and with that, he cast multiple Firaga spells, setting the countless rock shards aflame! Once all of them were ignited, Mickey concentrated his energy and then fired off a focused beam of light that caused the rock shards to have heat seeking properties! With a wave of his hand, he sent the shards straight towards Jexana! Coupled with Vanitas and Minnie's diversion, Mickey would have a clear shot! But no sooner than the rock shards had come close to Jexana, she turned around, snapped her fingers, and caused a gravity vaccum that crushed the rock shards instantly! She then sent a giant tornado towards Mickey, Donald and Goofy!