Chapter Three: The Red Queen's Castle

Vanitas was irritated. He was in a dungeon, his legs and arms tied, and Dexeres, Mickey and Riku also faced the same predicament, and so they were unable to escape. After Dawn had fallen through the gate back in the barren wasteland, everyone else had followed suit, but they had somehow lost consciousness. When they had woken up, they found themselves tied here, and they assumed the others had disappeared to someplace else. Dexeres, Riku and Mickey remained calm, trying to find a way out of this predicament, but Vanitas was impatient, and when he got impatient, he got angry. He had tried to summon Unversed, and Dexeres had tried to summon Nobodies so that they could unbind them, but for some reason, they couldn't summon their allies. So now they just had to find a different way to be free of their shackles. Vanitas rolled his eyes and gave out a heavy sigh.

"Geez, of all the things to happen to us, we just had to get tied up! Just our luck..." he whispered irritatingly.

"Gosh fellas, I hope the others are doing okay!" Mickey said with concern.

"Don't worry. I'm sure they're somewhere close. And they'll be safe. Well, hopefully they won't have been captured like us." Riku said, trying to alleviate Mickey's concerns.

"Well, one thing's for sure. We definitely need to find our friends, and fast." Dexeres remarked, and everyone nodded, but Vanitas scoffed and laughed.

"Um, hello? We've tried getting free of these stupid shackles, and that hasn't gotten us nowhere! What other bright ideas could you possibly have?" Vanitas asked. Dexeres thought deeply before answering, and then, his eyes flared open as he came up with an idea.

"Wait, I've got it! Earlier, when the guard came to check on us...he had a key ring strapped to his waist! We just need to make sure he comes back and somehow try to take the keys from them, and that way, we'll be sure to escape!" Dexeres explained, but Mickey tilted his head.

"But how will we make the guard come back?" the little mouse asked, and that's when Vanitas allowed himself a smirk.

"Oh...I think I know how to handle this..." he said. Instantly, he started to rattle his chains and pound on the walls of the dungeon, causing quite a ruckus. The others weren't sure this would work, but they did the same. For the first few minutes they tried this method, nothing happened, but then, after just a bit more, the guard came down, a card soldier with heavier looking armor than your average card soldier. It donned a heavy looking axe and some brass knuckles in case he needed to provide discipline towards prisoners. The card soldier put his axe above his shoulder and glared at the prisoners.

"What's all the ruckus down here!? The Queen is having a headache, and she's most displeased!" he proclaimed, and at that, Vanitas spat at the card soldier, instantly making him boil with anger.

"Hey, show some respect!" the card soldier said, and Vanitas simply laughed.

"What are you gonna do, stupid? Are you going to discipline me?" he taunted, and the card soldier laughed before cracking his knuckles.

"Now that you mention it, that's exactly what I'll do!" the card soldier said as he prepared to strike Vanitas with his brass knuckles.

"Now!" Vanitas shouted, and with that, Dexeres did the best he could to at least cast Magnet, causing the card soldier to fling backwards towards the wall, beside Dexeres. The card soldier was ride beside him, so Dexeres was able to grab hold of the keys, and soon after, he was able to free himself and then proceeded to free the others. Then, Mickey cast Sleep on the card soldier, causing him to fall asleep instantly.