Chapter Thirty Four: Battling Yzma

"Kronk, didn't you hear me? Kill them!!!" she commanded yet again! Kronk then started mumbling to himself, and he seemed as though he was torn about what to do! Yzma was confused by this, and when she looked at the others, they just shrugged, for they didn't understand it either. Yzma sighed and then massaged her temples.

"And here I thought that you could do this one task, Kronk! But it seems that I can't rely on you for anything, you overgrown monkey!" she protested! Kronk was trying to say something, but Yzma didn't let him speak!

"I'm tired of your uselessness, Kronk, I'm tired of you always being a half measure! You are despicable! And you know something else!? I never liked your brussel sprouts!" she stated! At that, Kronk's face froze, and he started to tear up.

"Y-you don't mean that, Yzma?" he asked. Yzma scoffed.

"I mean every word of it!" she hissed. That's when Kronk's face changed from a sad, torn face to a determined, defiant face! He looked up, and then he threw the knife towards the location he intended! As everyone looked to where the knife flew, they noticed that it flew through a chandelier being held by a rope! The knife cut through said rope, and it started to fall down, until it fell on Yzma! The chandelier crashed into the ground with a sickening thud, and everyone thought that Yzma was done for! But, luckily for her skinny frame, she wasn't even harmed!

"Oh no, that was a doozy..." Kronk muttered. Yzma rolled her eyes and pulled a nearby lever, which caused Kronk to fall down a hole that opened in the ground! She then wiped her hands and looked at the others. "Well then, now that he's out of the way, I can focus on taking you all down!" she said, with an evil smirk apparent in her face!

"How could you do that to him!? He's your friend!" Sora shouted! Yzma scoffed.

"Oh please, Kronk was always just a business associate, nothing more! Besides, I don't need him, not when I can do this myself!" she said, as he picked up the knife and attempted to murder Kuzco! Pacha, Sora and Riku got in the way though, and they caused her to trip, and the knife fell to the floor and slid towards the other end of the lab! Yzma crashed on the potion shelf, and all the potions, including the one she was holding in her hand, fell down to the floor! Now they were all mixed up! And it didn't help that all the potions bore the exact same color: pink!

"Well, this can't be good!" Riku said, as they quickly attempted to find the right potion! But soon, footsteps could be heard, and that's when Yzma smirked and capitalized on the sudden turn of events! She walked towards a doorway and opened it, and beyond, palace guards could be seen coming in her direction!

"Guards, guards, come this way! The Emperor's murderers are here, stop them!" she shouted!

"Oh no, we're in trouble!" Sora shouted!

"Quick, we have no time to check all the potions now, we'll have to take all of them and try them out one by one until we find the human potion!" Pacha suggested, and everyone agreed and picked up all the vials, and then they made their way towards a staircase that seemed to lead downward! They didn't take a second's hesitation, and they ran as fast as they could! They could hear the guards coming closely behind!

"Quick, Pacha, give me a potion!" Kuzco shouted!

"Right!" Pacha replied, as he gave Kuzco a potion, and it turned him into a turtle!

"Okay...this isn't what I had in mind..." Kuzco said as he struggled to walk! The others stopped and went back for him, and now the palace guards were inching ever closer! Pacha picked up Kuzco, and as they ran, they came upon an almost endless abyss, but they saw what lay in the bottom, and it seemed to be a giant water canal leading downward!