Chapter Fifteen: When Words Aren't Enough

Kyle felt disoriented, and he felt horrible, for he had almost struck Violet with his Keyblade! He took a few steps back, putting some distance between him and her. He lowered his head in shame, and he gripped his Keyblade tightly. Jexana had been right in front of him, and he hadn't been able to do anything! All he received was humiliation and mockery! He didn't know what to do, and the fact that she toyed with his emotions gnawed away at him. He then looked at Violet, who looked concerned at him! He looked away, not being able to look at her in the eye. He was going to say something, but then he decided it was best to remain silent. Violet stood up and then walked towards him, and then held his hand. He flinched slightly at her touch, but then he relaxed, and he looked at Violet with a torn expression.

"I almost hurt you..." he whispered. Violet shook her head.

"It's okay...don't let it bother you. I'm not hurt! See?" she said as she showed to him that she wasn't hurt anywhere. Kyle sighed and then shook his head, snapping himself out of it. Violet tried to reach out to him.

"Did you see something?" she asked. Kyle immediately started walking ahead of her.

"...It was nothing. I thought I saw something, but it was just the darkness. Anyways...come on, let's see if we can find Dash around here!" Kyle said, trying his best to sound relaxed, as if what happened just moments ago hadn't happened at all! Violet decided to roll with it and nodded.

"Alright then. Let's keep looking." she said with a smile.

And so, they proceeded to go deeper into the cave, with the darkness continually growing in intensity! It was pitch black to the point that nothing was visible anymore! It was then that Violet created a giant forcefield that enveloped both her and Kyle, and its purple aura provided some decent light! With said light, they made their way through the cave, and headed down different paths. Some ran down for quite a while, and then others would rise up, and then, after much walking, they reached a high point, and now, a cliff overlooked a dark abyss below! Kyle looked around to see if there was anywhere else they could go, but it seemed that this was a dead end! And that abyss sure didn't seem welcoming! It was horrifyingly pitch black!

"Damn...a dead end..." Kyle muttered to himself. Violet then perked her head up, for she seemed to have heard something! Kyle then went near her and looked to where she was looking, which was the darkness.

"What is it, Violet?" he asked. But she didn't answer. She was intently focusing on whatever it is that she had heard! Suddenly, the cave began to tremble, almost as if an explosion had taken place near! They both looked at each other uneasily.

"What could that be?" Violet asked. Kyle summoned his Keyblade and looked at her with determination.

"It looks like we'll have to find out! Come on, let's follow the source of the noise!" he said, and with that, they both ran, following the noise of the explosion as fast as they could!

At that same moment, Raxon, Sky, Elastigirl and Jak Jak were holding off the increasing numbers of Heartless and Unborn that were surrounding them! They had all managed to protect Mr. Incredible and Frozone, and the enemy was far enough that they weren't overwhelmed, but if they didn't act soon, they'd tire out before finishing the rest of the enemy off! Sky flew up high and then charged his magical energy, then releasing it to cast the Mine Field spell, in which they were completely surrounded by said mines, therefore protected momentarily by the Heartless and Unborn, who were being decimated by the dozens because of said spell! That's when Raxon improvised, and then he transformed his Keyblade into two pirate pistols, and then he started to fire away at the enemy from a distance, taking advantage of the Mine Field spell Sky had cast! Then, from the corner of his eye, he noticed Elastigirl fighting, and then he saw how she stretched her arm to ridiculous proportions, using said outstretched arm to deliver a sucker punch to quite a few Unborn in a row! Then, she outstretched her other arm towards a stalagmite from the ceiling of the cave, using it as a club to clobber the Heartless! This was the first time that Raxon and Sky had seen her powers in action!