Chapter Twenty Six: The Darkness Draws Ever Closer

Kairi quickly made her way to the ice creature! When she got a close enough glance of it, she noticed that it was quite the fearsome and towering creature! It stood at least thirty feet tall, and it was completely covered in ice armor! The creature looked like a mistress, complete with a crown and garments made of ice! Kairi ran until she reached Maleficent and Pete, who were holding their ground! She went by their side, with Keyblade in hand, and she smiled.

"So, did I miss anything?" she asked. Pete laughed.

"Oh ho, princess, we were just about to beat this giant icicle to a pulp! Come have a front row sweat and watch!" he said. Maleficent didn't turn around to talk, for she was concentrated on casting her flames all around her! The ice and snow were beginning to melt, and that, in turn, angered the ice creature greatly! The ice castle still stood in place, but it wouldn't be long until it started to melt! Maleficent allowed herself a smirk and taunted the creature!

"Ah, is this all that you are capable of, you giant chunk of frozen water!?" she challenged! The ice creature growled and then slammed its fists on the ground, causing it to shake! The shaking ground made Pete fall on his back and made Maleficent stumble a bit, her flames dimming down the slightest bit! Kairi almost fell down, but she remained standing! The ice creature was about to slam its fist against Maleficent, but Kairi got in the way and blocked the creature's attack with her Keyblade! She then glanced back at Maleficent.

"Don't worry, I got you! I'll hold this thing off while you keep casting your flames!" she stated! Maleficent nodded.

"Right. Now, don't you dare die on me girl, for if anyone's going to kill you, that's going to be me..." she sneered, and at that, Kairi smiled.

"I wouldn't have it any other way. But I won't go down without a fight!" Kairi said, and Maleficent smirked.

"I expect no less from you, girl! Now hold off that beast!" she shouted, and Kairi nodded.

And so, the ice creature roared with great might, causing the surrounding environment to greatly decrease its temperature! Instantly, Kairi felt immensely colder, and Maleficent's flames were dying down! Kairi knew that she had to hurry up, so she took the initiative and started to attack the creature with her Keyblade! She made sure to infuse her Keyblade with Fire magic so that she could be able to do greater damage to the creature! Normally, fire would melt ice quickly, but as Kairi soon noticed, the more she hacked away at the creature, the less it seemed to take damage! It's coat of ice was ridiculously thick, and therefore, it seemed as though it was an impenetrable armor that couldn't be cracked! Kairi had to think of something, and fast! The temperature was getting lower, so she knew she'd have to come up with something quick!

She then decided to perform Light Sonic Raid, an altered version of the Sonic Raid attack in which she would dash through the enemy, but with streaks of light, therefore increasing her attack's power! She dashed at the ice creature a total of seven times before delivering the final strike! The creature stumbled a bit, and it seemed to be dazed, and at that, Kairi knew she had to take this opportunity! Within an instant, she started to shoot rays of fire that went towards the ice creature like heat seeking missiles! The creature dodged as many of the rays it could, and it was very surprising, considering how such a tall creature could evade attacks so quickly! When the final ray hit, it went right to the ice creature's head, causing it to roar in pain! Kairi then started to dodge a number of attacks that the creature was delivering in blind rage! Luckily, she was able to dodge the attacks, but just barely! She then landed on a patch of grass and glanced back at Maleficent.