Chapter Twenty Nine: The Rescue Begins

Kyle was on his Keyblade Glider, traversing the lanes between. He had conquered his trial and obtained his Key Of Balance, Lunar Ascension, and now, he was going to rescue his father from Jexana's clutches! He knew that battle would be difficult, even with Lunar Ascension, but he knew he had to do this, no matter the outcome! He had left the Keyblade Graveyard not too long ago, but the strange thing was, he didn't see Braig anywhere! Braig had wanted to get Kyle's Key, but he was nowhere to be found! Could it be that he possibly lost interest? No, that probably couldn't be it. He didn't look like the type of person that would get bored easily. But, he had to discard Braig from his thoughts, for now, his thoughts needed to focus entirely on his father's rescue! He put his hand to his chest, and he could feel a fiery determination building up inside him!

"I'm going to save you, Dad...just hang in there for me!" he said to himself, as he kept traveling across the Lanes Between! Eventually, he'd catch up to Jexana's fleet!

As he continued his journey, he remembered the words that Shia had spoken to him before he left. He remembered that they were in the valley of the Keyblade Graveyard, where all the ancient Keyblades lay in multitudes! He had still been recovering from his battle against Ulrich, and he was battered and bruised, but he still didn't let that get to him! He remembered that Shia had smiled and placed her hand on his forehead, therefore causing all his bruises to heal! He had been instantly cured!

"You've conquered the deity that was housed within you...and now his power is yours, and with that, you have dominion over the power of the Dark Light. I am confident that you'll put it to good use, for I've seen that your heart is noble and you are noble of spirit. The rest of your journey won't be easy, and there may be times when you feel like everything is too much for you...but rest assured, with your resolve and undying will and strength of heart, you'll be able to push through. Your Key Of Balance deemed you worthy of wielding it, so I know you'll be safe. Now go forward, and fulfill your duty as a Keyblade Wielder!" she said. Kyle nodded.

"Thank you...I won't abuse this power I've been given...I'll use it to the best of my ability to protect my friends, and all the worlds!" he said with determination! At that, Lunar, who had been by Shia's side, smiled and bowed his head at him, and then he walked towards him and stood in front of him. Kyle knelt down until his face and Lunar's were even in height, and Kyle gave a sad smile as he petted Lunar's head.

"I wonder how things would've been...if you were still around..." he said sadly. Lunar remained silent for a moment before speaking.

"My dear Kyle...that is something that I do not know the answer of. But know this. No matter how things would have turned out, I'll always have remained by your side, just like I am by your side now. Never forget that. For even though I'm not with you anymore in body, I am with you in heart and spirit! And that is how it shall be, always." he said. Kyle could feel his eyes watering up with tears, and he sniffled a bit and chuckled softly.

"That's right...you'll always be with me, in my heart. I'll always cherish the moments we had together, and I'll always cherish our friendship. And you'll see...I'll help my friends make things right! I won't let the worlds fall into darkness, and I won't let my Dad be controlled by Jexana any longer! I'll bring him back, and I'll find Mom too, and then, we'll all be a family again!" he said with a determined tone! Lunar smiled and chuckled.

"You've grown into a strong, courageous young man, Kyle. I couldn't be more proud." he said, as he started to fade away into sparkles of light! Kyle smiled and started to cry.

"Thank you...I love you Lunar..." he said as he stuttered a bit, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"And I love you as well, my dear Kyle. And never forget...I'll always be in your heart." Lunar replied, as he faded away completely, and the sparkles of light gathered and entered into Kyle's heart! Kyle could feel Lunar's warmth in his heart, and he smiled and wiped off his tears. He then blushed a bit, for Shia had been watching him cry, and then he gave out an embarrassed laugh!