Chapter Eight: To Do The Right Thing

"So...you were hiding the darn thing right under our noses all this time!" Roark chuckled as he headed towards the center of the throne room, in which a symbol adorned the floor. He took a close book at Milo's book, which had the same symbol, and then he took a step on the symbol, and immediately, a platform hissed its edges, and revealed a hidden chamber! He then turned to the others and crossed his arms.

"Well, aren't I the clever one?" he boasted, but everyone else remained silent. He then looked at Milo and Kida, and he then glanced over his shoulder at the blonde woman, and she nodded and held Milo at gunpoint, and the soldiers handed over Kida to Roark.

"Alright Helga, these two will come with us, and I think those three should come along as well...just to make sure they don't try anything funny..." Roark said to the blonde woman, and she nodded and notioned for Kyle, Raxon and Sky to come along as well. The three stood by Milo and Kida, and remained silent. Helga looked at them with a menacing glare. She pointed her gun at them and took off the safety.

"One wrong move, and you're dead..." she said. With her threat, no other words were needed to understand the situation. The hostages complied without a fuss.

And so, as all of them stood on the platform, it slowly hovered down, and for a moment, there was nothing but pitch black darkness. Kida seemed to be muttering something to herself, but no one seemed to have taken notice. Kyle felt that something big was going to happen, and he glanced over at Raxon and Sky, who remained quite. A few minutes later, the platform finally landed on the ground, and they found themselves in what seemed to be a giant, shallow underground lake. But, then they noticed a light blue glow emanating a few feet away from them. When everyone walked a ways, they then noticed what the blue light was. They looked upwards to the ceiling of the underground cave, and that's where it was...The Heart Of Atlantis! Roark smirked of delight, for he knew he had hit the jackpot. Helga remained ever vigilant, making sure none of the hostages tried anything funny. Roark then turned to Milo and crossed his arms.

"So, how does this work now?" he asked, and Milo flailed his arms up in anger.

"What do I know? This is something as ancient as time itself, we can't just expect to understand it in just mere seconds!" he expressed, but Roark rolled his eyes. Then, suddenly, Kida's crystal necklace started to float, and she seemed to be in some kind of trance! The others hadn't taken notice, but her eyes had turned completely pale blue, as blue as the light of the crystal she bore. She then started walking towards the Heart Of Atlantis, and then she was approaching a deeper portion of the river, and Milo instinctively went after her, but Roark held him by the arm.

"Easy, loverboy." he smirked, and to their surprise, Kida walked on wáter! Kyle, Raxon and Sky couldn't believe what they were seeing! Then, Kida slowly ascended towards the heart, almost as if it was merging with her! Huge stones surrounded the heart, and spun intensely, making it hard to see what was happening up there! Sky felt a sudden shiver down his spine.

"What's happening, kupo?" the little moogle asked quietly.

"Heck if I know..." Raxon said, just as clueless.

"How are we going to get out of here...?" Kyle thought to himself as he watched the scene unfolding before his eyes. He was feeling restless now, and all he was thinking of was summoning his Keyblade to get himself and his friends out of here, but he restrained himself, as to not put anyone in danger. Then, the giant stones suddenly stopped spinning, and Kida started to float downwards, but this time, she looked different! Her body was completely covered in a pale blue light, and then, after softly landing on the river, she started to walk towards the group, the giant stones falling beside her. The water that splashed all over didn't even touch her, almost as if she was being protected by some kind of invisible forcefield! Milo gulped, and Roark was impressed by what he saw. Helga felt a bit intimidated, and the others were silent. Suddenly, Kida said something in a language that no one could understand, and then Roark turned to Milo.