Chapter Twenty: The Race To Save Ventus

Raxon and Sky were carefully sidestepping around Kyle. They didn't want to hurt him, but at the same time, they weren't going to leave themselves defenseless! But, they had to trust that Kyle would be able to fight back against the Deity, and it was that belief that kept them from attacking him! Kyle, on the other hand, in his feral form, was growling and seething out a dark energy from his body! He seemed gruesome, intimidating and fearsome! Sky was shaking hard, but he was determined to stand strong, to help Kyle come back to his senses! Raxon then thought about the times he'd dealt with others that had Kyle's power. All the ones that had come before had been dangerous, and he figured Kyle would be dangerous as well, but at this point, he wasn't sure what to think! Seeing Kyle struggling against himself to fight back against the Deity was enough to make Raxon stand down, but keep a watchful, cautious eye on him! But Kyle didn't show any signs of breaking through! Raxon and Sky exchanged unsure glances at each other.

"Raxon...what'll we do if he can't control himself? Will we have to...put him down, kupo?" the little moogle asked with a concerned tone. Raxon gave out a deep sigh and shook his head.

"We have to wait and see what happens...if he does try to lash out at us, we'll have no choice but to confront him...but in the meantime, let's just keep ourselves with our guards up..." Raxon suggested, and Sky nodded.

"Agreed, kupo!" the little moogle replied.

"Grr...grahhhhh...aarghhhh!!!" Feral Kyle shouted in pain! He was stepping towards Raxon and Sky, but many times, he seemed to come to a full stop, and he would hold his head with both of his hands, as if he was experiencing a severe headache! It wasn't long until more enemy airships closed in, and that's when Raxon and Sky were forced to divert their attention from Kyle, now focusing on the enemy's trying to board their airship! When a few dozen soldiers came on board, Feral Kyle immediately turned around to face them! As soon as the soldiers looked at him, they instantly panicked! They still tried to take him on, but with each soldier that lunged towards him, he destroyed them viciously! His dark powers were now seething more menacingly, and it did seem as though the Deity was taking control! One of the soldiers, who was bigger and tougher built than the rest, stepped forward.

"It looks like I'm going to have to take care of this scum! Stand aside!" the soldier bellowed, and the other soldiers made way for him! He stopped a few feet away from Feral Kyle, and then he looked at him for a bit.

"Tell me, creature...what is your name?" the soldier asked. Feral Kyle simply gave out a snarl, to which the soldier scoffed and gave out a soft chuckle!

"Hmph, I see...so that's how it's going to be, correct?" he asked as he drew a giant greatsword from his back! He then raised his giant shield, which was adorned with eagle symbols, and his armor seemed to reflect that of a bodyguard of the highest nobility! He took stance! "Well then, so be it!"

And so, all the other soldiers that had come on board Raxon's airship now stopped to watch this battle unfold, and Raxon and Sky also stopped, and they stood still and watched as the battle began! The strong soldier lunged forward, and just as Feral Kyle was about to attack, the soldier retreated, disorienting him, and then he bashed him with his shield, causing him to fall back! He then swung his greatsword in a wide arc, but Feral Kyle was able to dodge the attack! The other soldiers looked on in silence, for it seemed that they held great respect for the soldier that was fighting against him! Feral Kyle snarled and then performed a flurry of rapid attacks, while the strong soldier simply raised his shield and blocked the bombardment of attacks, counterattacking with a sword lung and a combination of thrusts and shield bashes! Feral Kyle was pushed back once more, and now, he was getting irritated! The strong soldier simply laughed.