Chapter Thirty Two: A Brief Respite

And so, all the Keyblade Wielders had finally assembled, and now, everything was set in place for the pieces to get moving towards the final battle! Everything was all set, but seeing as how everyone was exhausted, Alaya decided it was best to let the others rest for a bit, so they could be able to renew their strength, and so they could be able to better prepare themselves for the battle ahead! For she knew that once they all set forth, there would be no turning back! Odds are that they may not even come out of this alive...but they needed to do all in their power to stop the Keyblade War from bringing more destruction upon the worlds! Alaya went to her quarters, while everyone else were in different parts of the temple. Sora, Donald and Goofy were just near the entrance, and they were looking at the horizon, as everything seemed to be really still and silent!

"Gwarsh...everything's all quiet-like! Kinda makes ya nervous, don't ya think?" Goofy asked, feeling a bit uncomfortable! Donald gave out a sigh.

"I know what you mean, Goofy! But at least it's better that it's this quite, because I prefer that over fighting endless swarms of Heartless and Unborn!" the little duck said. Sora gave a smile and then looked outside.

"Well, I guess this is what you call the calm before the storm. After everything we've been through, it's understandable if you feel nervous, Goofy. I mean, I know how you feel! This quiet is a little bit unnerving. But don't worry about it, we just need some rest, is all." Sora explained. Goofy nodded and then felt more at ease.

"I guess you're right, Sora! We do need some rest!" he agreed. Donald then crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at Goofy.

"Yeah, well you better not get lazy on us, you big palooka! We need you awake and strong for the final battle!" Donald squawked! Goofy smiled sheepishly and put his hand behind his head and laughed a bit.

"Don't worry Donald, I won't let any of you down! You can count on that!" he declared. At that, they all smiled and felt much better. It was these conversations that made them feel at ease despite the current situation at hand. A few seconds later, Kairi came walking towards them, and as she got closer, Donald and Goofy noticed her, and then they both looked at each other and laughed softly. Sora raised and eyebrow and put his hands on his hips.

"Hey...what are you guys laughing about?" he asked. Donald quickly shook his hands and tried holding back a chuckle!

"Oh, nothing, nothing! We'll see you later, Sora!" he said. Before Sora could ask anything, he then saw why they left, as Kairi approached him. He blushed slightly, as did she, and then they both exchanged honest smiles with each other. Kairi then came close to Sora and held his hand, and they both squeezed tightly.

"How are you feeling?" Sora asked. Kairi remained silent for a bit as she lay her head on his shoulder, and then, she looked up at his face and touched it, and then she wrapped herself in his arms. She gave a deep sigh and looked to the horizon outside, as did Sora.

"I'm doing okay. Much better, after everything that's happened." she answered, and then she paused. "You know...it felt so surreal. When I went to get my Key Of Balance, I died...I really did die, and I was in Kingdom Hearts! It was such a surreal experience, and I saw the child that had helped us defeat Xylek, and I saw Aqua and Terra as well...seeing them again made me feel so happy! But at the same time, I felt an overwhelming sadness, knowing that they weren't with us here. Everything happened so suddenly, and I can't exactly put it into words." she kept saying. Sora remained silent and caressed her as she kept talking. "I was having doubts of myself...of my responsibilities as a Keyblade Wielder and a Princess Of Heart, and at the time, I didn't know what to do regarding these responsibilities...but after having died and talking with Aqua and the child...I realized that I needed to keep upholding these responsibilities. No matter how hard they may seem, I have to keep pushing forward, for the sake of myself and everyone I love. That's when I found my resolve renewed!" she finished. Sora smiled as she said all this, and he kissed her forehead gently.