Chapter Twenty Four: The Life Of A Chosen

After having walked from the docks to the village to then proceed towards a big town, Kairi noticed that Arendelle was quite a big place! She marveled at how amazing the architecture was, and she smiled as she saw the people going about their lives, happily and peacefully. Children were playing near a water fountain, elderly people were taking calm strolls throughout the town, and the rest of the populace were deeply focused on their daily lives. Kairi noticed that there was a degree of respect and civility, and then she looked at Elsa, who was walking by her side. She marveled at her beauty, and she noticed that she was a wise looking queen, despite looking to be so young! She was curious to know as to how her heritage came about, but she didn't want to seem nosy. Elsa took notice of this and smiled.

"I bet you're wondering how I'm a Queen at such a young age, am I right?" she asked. At that, Kairi perked herself up and blushed a bit with embarrassment.

"I-I'm sorry, Your Majesty, I didn't mean to uh, what I mean is..." she stuttered, but Elsa simply giggled and raised her hand.

"Don't worry, Kairi, be at ease. You don't have to act so formally around me. I'm an approachable person, you know." she stated, and at that, Kairi nodded and felt a bit more relaxed. Elsa then looked up to the sky and stopped for a moment, and then Kairi stopped.

"Well, to tell you the truth...I didn't ask to be Queen at such a young age...the truth is, my parents left on a journey when my sister Anna and I were children...but sadly, the ship they were on was swallowed by the waves, and they died at sea..." Elsa said, trailing off for a moment. At that, Kairi felt saddened, and she regretted having raised the topic about Elsa's royal heritage. She bowed her head down.

"I'm sorry, Elsa...I didn't mean to bring back any sad memories..." she apologized, but Elsa shook her head and smiled.

"No, no, there's no harm done, please don't worry! But anyways, after they died, I was left as the heir to the throne, and so I became Queen of Arendelle. Granted though, the responsibility that fell on my shoulders was a lot more than I could handle at first...and there were times when I thought I'd just fall into despair, drowning in my own insecurities...and I even ran away at one point..." Elsa said, reminiscing her past. At that, Kairi felt speechless! She would never have imagined Elsa having these kinds of problems! Although when thinking about it, hearing Elsa speak about her struggles mirrored the struggles she was currently facing as a Keyblade Wielder and Princess Of Heart! And so, she could relate to Elsa, and feel the things she had been through!

"So...why exactly did you run away in the first place?" Kairi asked, feeling curious.

"Oh, well, you see, it was because of my ice powers!" she said, and with that, she summoned a snowflake into her hand. She weaved and twirled it, and then made it float around Kairi for a few seconds. Kairi stood in awe of this, and then Elsa made the snowflake vanish. "I couldn't even manage that before...I was very unstable with my powers...but thanks to my sister Anna, I was able to learn how to control my powers, and I could finally show the world my true self, instead of concealing it!" she explained. Kairi smiled.

"Wow, Anna sounds like such an amazing person!" she said. Elsa nodded.

"Oh, she is! Without her...I don't think I'd be here today. And so I owe my life to her, she's everything to me!" she said with a smile. A few seconds after, they reached the palace, and the guards opened the gates. "Well then, we've arrived." Elsa said. And with that, she and Kairi went inside the palace.

Going through the palace, Kairi noticed all the spacious rooms and the portraits of who seemed to be Elsa's parents! They looked like honest and just people. They must have been loving parents when they were alive! When they ascended a set of stairs, they finally arrived to the throne room, and then Elsa sat on her throne, and Kairi remained standing. Elsa nodded at the guards.