Chapter Forty Seven: Owari Part 7: To End Sacrifices

Outside, the war was bloody, and it was relentless! Ever since Lilith and her Knights Of Ygdrassil had come to aid Kairi and the others, they had managed to turn the tides of war in their favor, but even so, the enemy wasn't one to give up all that easily! But, Jexana's troops had been diminished considerably, and what little reinforcements remained were being pushed back to the brink of obliteration! Lilith was ensuring that this was the case! With her sword, she raised her arm and pointed forward!

"Onward men, to victory!" she shouted, and all her faithful soldiers gave out a triumphant battle cry! They charged onward, and Jexana's troops were now making a run for it!

"It's no use, we're being overrun! Retreat!!!" one of the soldiers screamed!

Some of them tried to stand up to Lilith's forces, but they were mowed down by relentless attacks and powerful spells that sent them flying everywhere! Lilith cut down the enemy with ease, and the ones who managed to attack her weren't all that succesful, for she simply blocked their attacks and struck them down! This was child's play to her!

"It's all over! We've lost! Run!!!" another soldier said, but they were cut down by Lilith and her knights! Now only the Heartless and Unborn and a handful of soldiers remained still opposing them! They were dealt with quickly and efficiently! Knowing that this battle would be a losing one, the Heartless vanished, and the Unborn did as well, leaving only the few troops Jexana had left! They dropped their weapons and they ran like mad! Lilith's knights were about to give pursuit, but Lilith simply raised her hand and shook her head.

"Leave them." she ordered.

"But Lilith, they still live!" one of the soldiers pointed out. Lilith simply smirked.

"Those cowards are running away from death. Killing them would only make things easier for them, easier for their conscience. But letting them live on is worse, for they have to live in constant fear of us hunting them down. That, and the shame of running away will gnaw at them. So in reality, their cowardice will be their downfall. We need not bother with them anymore." Lilith explained. The soldier nodded and bowed.

"Of course." the soldier replied. He then looked at the giant gate, where Kingdom Hearts was, and then he looked at Lilith.

"Ma'am? Shall we go inside and assist our allies?" he asked. She shook her head.

"No...we should stay outside, just in case more reinforcements come. The final battle inside is one those Keyblade Wielders will have to wage on their own. I won't risk my men, or myself! There's an extent to where I'll help..." she answered. The soldier nodded.

"Right, then we shall remain here!" he said, and then he went ahead to rally the troops! Lilith then looked to her right, and noticed a Tyranto Rex looking at her expectantly. She saw the other Spirits, Nobodies and Unversed that had helped in the battle, and the Nobodies faded away into nothingness, while the Unversed dissapered in masses of shadow, leaving only the Spirits on the battlefield! The Tyranto Rex continued to stare at Lilith, and she reluctantly petted it!

"Uh...there, there..." she said, and the Tyranto Rex growled softly, and Lilith smiled. "You all fought well." she said, and then she looked at the gate, and she couldn't help but feel a slight bit of worry make its way into her heart.

"Kairi...everyone...you better not screw up..." she thought to herself.

Inside, there had been a momentary silence! Everyone was still reeling from the explosion that Dexeres and Tsumugi had caused, and the light from the explosion had still been blinding them! As a few seconds passed, the blinding light died down, and when everything cleared up, they saw that Dexeres and Tsumugi were no more! Everyone remained silent, tears rolling down their faces! More friends, lost to the chaos of this war! They all felt a sense of despair, dread and hopelessness, but it looked like things were finally set right! It was all over! Or so they thought...