Chapter Two: Not Exactly A Wonderland

After a long while, Dawn started to run out of energy. She had restlessly been following the white rabbit around, but then he vanished, and so she stopped running and took a moment to take some deep breathes. When she thoroughly analyzed her surroundings, she noticed that she was in quite the bizarre place. The room she was in was asymmetrical, and there were all sorts of strange things scattered about. There were upside down candles, and weird looking flowers, and there was a fireplace and a giant water valve, and some furniture here and there, and some books, too! She was distracted by all she saw, and then her eyes fell upon a round table, and in said round table, there were two small bottles. She looked at them curiously, but didn't look at the labels intently. Then, she turned around and saw a small door, and what looked to be a snoring doorknob! Dawn thought of opening the door, but she didn't want to wake up the doorknob. She then looked around for any other doorway that she could find.

"Drink from the bottle!" a voice said. Dawn looked around for a moment and then looked down at the doorknob.

"The bottle?" she asked.

"Yes! If you want to get through this door, you need to be small! Drinking from that bottle over there on the table shall make you shrink!" the doorknob answered, quite irritated.

"Huh...a shrinking potion, huh?" Dawn wondered to herself, and then she held one of the bottles up and noticed the label showed an object shrinking. Knowing this to be the right bottle, she gulped down a sip, and in a few seconds, she shrunk! She was taken aback by this and in awe.

"Wait...this has to be Wonderland! This is one of the worlds that Sora visited on his first journey!" she whispered to herself, and the doorknob heard a bit of what she said.

"Ah, so you already know about Wonderland, then?" he asked, and Dawn nodded then cleared her throat.

"Yes! Well, I mean, I was told about this place before, but I had never been here! I'm from...somewhere else!" she said, hoping the doorknob wouldn't ask any questions.

"Where you're from, I don't care...I just want to take my nap! What does a doorknob have to do to get some proper rest?" he exclaimed irritatingly. Dawn was about to say something when suddenly, the doorknob yawned, and that's when Dawn took the opportunity to point her Keyblade at the lock, unlocking the door. Then she turned the doorknob and opened the door.

"Thanks for opening up!" she said, but the doorknob was already snoring. She rolled her eyes and chuckled to herself, and then she went past the door, and found herself in a giant garden. But truth be told, she had just drunk a shrinking potion, so in her normal size, the garden would have been of average size.

And so, Dawn started walking through a narrow path in between the grass, always keeping her ears alert and her eyes even more so. She had her Keyblade in hand, ready to strike at whatever would come at her. She noticed that this garden, while beautiful, seemed desolate and sad. Then she looked up at the sky, and noticed that it was dark and grim, almost as if darkness had taken over this world completely! She then continued walking, making her way through some very thick bushes, and after encountering a few butterflies and ants, she came upon an opening. At first, she couldn't see anything since the blinding light from the horizon temporarily clouded her vision. But, when her vision readjusted, she saw that the garden transitioned into a harsh and perilous landscape. Trees with dry and burnt branches were scattered about, and no grass could be seen. Everywhere she looked, all she could see was rocks, ashes and murky water. This wasn't exactly that much of a Wonderland like she had thought it would be. She contemplated going back the way she came, but she needed to find her friends, so she kept pushing forward! Then Riku came into her mind. She then worried if something had happened to him! But then she dismissed the thought. He was with the others, so she was sure he'd be okay.