Chapter Forty Two: Owari Part 2: The Heavens Burst

The gargantuan Heartless gave out a chilling roar, and it seeped out enormous amounts of dark energy! It had already torn through many of the Dandelions, as a great many of them were dealt with in one fell swoop! But in the process, the enemies airships were also going into disarray, because the Heartless was using the airships as a sort of protective armor, so casualties were mounting up on both sides! Riku, Dawn and Mickey saw this colossal Heartless, and they were a bit frozen in place for a second, for its sheer size and overwhelming might seemed incredibly intimidating for a moment! But then they snapped themselves out of it, for if they wanted to make sure no more lives were lost, they had to take out this colossal Heartless, and quickly!

"So, what's the plan, Mickey?" Riku asked as he looked at the little mouse. Mickey thought for a moment on what to do, and then he clenched his fist and a look of undeniable determination was apparent in the little king's eyes!

"We have to defeat that Heartless, or else our friends will die! From the looks of it, it'll only get bigger and bigger if we leave it unchecked, so we have to take it out as quickly as possible! But how is the question...we have to find out its biggest weakness and exploit it!" Mickey explained!

"Well, let's get to it, then!" Dawn replied, and the three of them nodded, and they dashed forward with their Spirits towards the giant Heartless! The Dandelions that were in the surrounding area all rallied up behind Riku, Dawn and Mickey, and they formed a charging line! As they went towards the Heartless, it lashed out and flung many airships at their direction! Many of them were able to dodge the incoming airships, and some of them even slashed through the airships, but a lot of them weren't able to dodge in time, dying as they tried doing so! And from the void, many smaller Heartless came and formed their own charge line, and they served as an extra line of defense for the giant Heartless!

"Push through the small fry, we need to get to the giant Heartless, or it's gonna keep growing, and if it grows too much, we're done for!" Riku commanded to the other Dandelions, and they nodded and pushed through the smaller Heartless as best as they could!

But even though they were pushing through the smaller Heartless, it was another thing entirely to escape them! The little ones were quite persistent, and they were right behind the Dandelions! Some of them fired off beams of light to keep the small Heartless at bay, and it worked for a bit, at least. But now, they were just a few feet away from the giant Heartless, and from the Heartless's mouth, putrid posion came out, and it engulfed everyone! Dawn quickly improvised with an Esuna spell, healing everyone as the giant Heartless's mouth closed!

"Fellas, brace yourselves!" Mickey warned, as the giant Heartless clapped its hands together, forming a huge shockwave that blew away many of the Dandelions and enemy airships alike! It was clear that while the Heartless was the enemy, it was also taking out friend and foe alike! After all, Heartless didn't possess intellect, so they attack purely on instinct!

"We have to stop this thing! Fire out a volley of light at it!" Dawn commanded! And so, she, Riku, Mickey and the Dandelions all charged up their Keyblades, and within seconds, they fired off an intense volley of light beams, and they all hit the Heartless! But instead of weakening it, it only made it angrier! It roared and swooped its giant arm towards them, and they were all scattered instnatly! With its other arm, the Heartless opened its hand wide and took hold of dozens upon dozens of Dandelions, then proceeding to crushing them, suffocating them with the pure power of darkness! Their lives were instantly snuffed out!

"No!!!" Mickey shouted, as he couldn't bear to see the sight of so many friends perishing instantly!

"Damn it, that Heartless is going to kill us all!" Riku shouted!