Chapter 2

A month had passed and Emily was one month pregnant and it was the day of Charlie's first trial. She and Shaun arrived at court early and got a couple of seats. "All rise."

She judge shortly arrived. "Bring in the defendant." Charlie walked into the courtroom and stood in place. "Charlie Cole. You were in prison before this trial, correct?" "Yes your honour. I saved my ex girlfriend's life from her parents. They abused her. I saved her."

"You have been arrested for attempted murder of your ex girlfriend, correct?" "Yes your honour. I didn't mean to. I just wanted her back as my partner." "She's a married woman who has a child." "I know." "You said you were happy for her." "I am. I'm just jealous that she chose someone else after what I did."

The judge told him that Emily made her choice to stay friends with him, but he continuously yelled in the courtroom. "Take him out of my court." "Yes your honour." Two guards attempted to restrain Charlie as he turned to face Emily. "You know I didn't mean to try and kill you Emily. Please. Tell them." She didn't say a word. "I'll get you for this Shaun Reed! If it's the last thing I ever do!" "Whatever," he mumbled. "I'd like to see him try."