Chapter 13

"Hi cousin Shaun and Evan." "Hi cousin. Do you mind if we stayed the night? Please?" "Sure you can. Anything for our cousins and our cousin in law." Shaun and Evan entered the house and Shaun went straight to the living room and he gently placed Emily on the sofa. "Her ex boyfriend escaped from his police cell and he's out to get her and kill me." "We won't let that happen. You're family."

Back at the house, Shaun and Evan's father aimed the gun at Charlie's head. "I just want to see her." "She's upstairs sleeping. Go. Before I call the police." "She's mine!" Shaun and Evan's father fired a shot to Charlie's left shoulder. "Guess where the next one will go." Charlie then kept his mouth closed. "Answer my questions when asked." He nodded as Grant asked his first question. "Why do you want to kill my son?" "He stole her from me when she was mine." "You killed her parents. Even after what they did to her."

Charlie tried to grab the gun as Grant fired another shot that hit him in his shoulder again. "Wait until I find your son. Then he'll pay for the both of you." "Harm my family... Feel my wrath." "I'm not scared of you Grant. Or shaun. Or my brother, or Evan or your wife. I swear I'll find her." "Grant, the police are here." "Hands up Cole!"

Charlie quickly raised his hands but quickly dropped his left arm due to the pain in his shoulder. "We'll take you to hospital first then back to the station." Shaun and Evans parents made sure that Charlie was in the police car before letting Shaun and Evan know.